Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Let students know a bit about me by including a short bio about my professional experience. Also, have students participate in a discussion on day one where they introduce themselves and then respond to others in order to get to know other students in our course. 

It is important to introduce yourself to your learners with a short biography. This will help lay the foundation for you to facilitate as your role as an instructor. Allow students the opportunity to participate with a response introduction as well.

I greatly underestimated the importance of having a biography posted for the students to get to know me at the beginning of a course.  In the online courses that I have taken previously, I have just glanced through the teachers' biography, and never really payed attention to it.  In the courses that I currently teach, I feel that it is important to make this initial connection with the studnets.

building trust and maintaining authority and relevance seem like the most important parts of managing the student experience

I learned to remind myself to keep the class as interactive as possible even if it is in an online setting.

I've learned how important is to stablished your presence and authority among your students.

Get to know your students, even if you are an online instructor. 

Letting my students know that they can do it because i have and is doing it. Let my achievements be motivational. Is a way of connecting with the students

Posting a biography with your academic credentials, teaching experience, and a photo is a good way to project an online presence and gain students' respect.

The one on one experience you may have with your students and that trust that they have for you can help them to be more successful in their journey.

I learned "Four popular and effective ways of projecting your presence in an e-learning environment are:
Initiate, lead, monitor, and manage synchronous discussion sessions. Oversee team projects.
Participate in asynchronous discussion forums by offering your response to the discussion question and sharing with all participants a summary of their contributions. Answer student queries and provide informative and constructive feedback in a timely manner. A 24- hour turnaround time is generally acceptable." These are not unheard of ideas, this is a great reminder for myself.

Take the time to connect with the online student is imperative to show that you are an actual human being. This can allow the student to gain some confidence and trust with the instructor.

I learned about ways to connect with students on a more personal level and how to engage them into knowing each other.

Really good advise for staying present, projecting while practicing distant education, ie. consistantly staying in touch with students throught text messaging and emails 

We have the ability to connect with students on a personal level even behind the screen.

Taking time to allow your students to get to know you, while also trying to get to know them can establish an effective rapport that can make students more engaged and more successful. 

You want to build trust with your students, a bio bout yourself, a way to start building a student-instructor relationship. Also, coming prepared with information to lead in class discussion. Keeping the discussion board clear of clutter and managing it well. 

I've learned that forming close relationships with my students is really important for making our online classroom lively and meaningful. One way to do this is by asking students to introduce themselves with a short bio. They can share things like their name, what they've studied, where they've worked, why they're taking the course, what they expect from me, and their hobbies. I'll use this idea in my courses to help students feel connected and valued. It's all about creating a friendly and supportive environment where everyone can learn together.
 
 
 
 

I believe it's very important to have a welcome message on day one which includes a brief biography of the instructor and that instructors should welcome every student to the class during the first week.

Critical support from instructors is essential for successful online learning. Instructors should be proactive in offering assistance, feedback, and guidance to foster a supportive learning environment.

Sign In to comment