Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To be successful s an instructor lessons must be well planned and follow a familiar Course management system.. Allowing learnings to have access to the requirement of the course the course layout, opportunity to practice navigation, opportunities for intellectual interaction and activities that are learner centered. The instructor has to allow prior knowledge of due dates and timeframes for postings of exams, quizzes and group interactive proojects.

The learnnings must be prepared by being attentive to course requirements and following instructions prior to and for regular meeting dates. They must have access to tech support and get feedback from instructor quickly.  

Being prepared to teach an online course. Knowing the course content .Clearly communicate the course expectations, rules and criteria so that the student and the teacher have a common goal. Work with the students to famaliarize them with the course. 

In this module I learn the importance to become familiar with the Course Management System (CMS). It will help to deliver the course efficiently to promote interaction, reduce frustrations, and make the learning environment very appealing. I have also learned that instructors should be familiar with the course delivery techniques and strategies to be an effective online instructor.

I believe that to make sure that your online ability is more than just adequate. You have to be able to show your students your ability online so that they trust you and your assignments.

I have learned that this could be a very effective way of teaching and still use my diadactic skills.  It is something I feel I needed to learn about for a long time.

The instructor must familiarize themself with the course CMS.  Knowledge of the delivery techniques and strategies. The instructor must give clear guidelines to students so they will be comfortable with the program. Common goal sharing in an expectation of both teacher and student.

learners have a higher sense of comfort and security when they are convinced that someone will be there to support them and make their learning experience a successful one.

In an e-learning environment, learners have a higher sense of comfort and security when they are convinced that someone will be there to support them and make their learning experience a successful one.

This stood out to me as well.  I'm seeing frustrated parents post on facebook because they do not see and feel that their students are being supported when the teachers post assignments on Sunday and then do not check in on the student.  It's really important that students have access to teachers during elearning.  

Reply to Barbara Martin-Goldsand's post: Agree.  My daugher is a college student and the professors were all given a week to learn the cms before starting the elearning phase.  I have not seen a high school do this.  In my experience in career tech, the career tech teachers really could have used at least some basics in getting started.  I've shared this course with as many as I can so that they do have some support to suddely be online teachers.  

I have learnt that it is critical to know and familiarize yourself as a teacher to these 3 things:

1. Your online platform that you are using.

2. Your students and their capabilities.

3. Your own capability and unability or challenges when it comes to technology or distance learning

I feel like there is a lot more prep for an online course vs on ground. I am a new instructor who is now learning how to go to online learning and it's a bit overwhelming navigating all the technology of the CMS. I had to use it a bit as part of my onboarding so got to experience it as a student and now I am learning it as an instructor as I prepare my course online.

I found this information helpful especially the delivery techniques section - it's a good check list to make sure I am covering all my bases.

In this module, I was able to learn how to become familiar with the course delivery techniques and strategies about students gaining access to the course and different instructional strategies.

I learned that instructors must be familiar with the course delivery techniques and strategies to be an effective online instructor.

I learned that instructors have different methods of online delivery of instruction to reach their objectives.

Instructors must be familiar with the delivery format and course content to be an effective online instructor.

It's very important for me as the teacher to familiarize with the online course pltaform. 

This point is very important for me because if I know my platform well I can easily help my students nagivate it, thus addinng to their sense of security.

The main thing that I learned in this course so far is making sure to comprehend the course delivery format. This was important to me because there were a lot of moving parts that I had not considered, such as if all of the content will be open to the students on Day One, or will I allow multiple quiz sessions. 

As an instructor in the classroom for 20 years, this sudden move to online learning is a big change for me and my students.  I teach in a classroom for a reason!  As such, I am using the CMS that our district has allowed (Google Classroom) along with some of the free OERs to help my students continue their learning.  I have set daily office hours so that I am available to a majority of my students at a common time.  I am also available more frequently to my AP students as we move forward.

I is important to understand the functionality of the CMS before you try to implement it.  It is also important to develope a strong support base.  The media protocol is also an issue as some (speaking for myself), would prefer to talk.

Is there a quicker way to get to a certian post or must you weed through all of them?

Sign In to comment