Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ok Folks,

There is a value to the linear model.  Blocks of subject knowledge are completed without gaps, so the completeness of instruction is assured.  This model, where multiple inputs are attempted to be coordinated into a cohesive whole, without knowledge gaps, is alluring but likely to fail. This due to the overly complex task of coordination and individual assessments.  You want to volunteer for 4 times the work, for a marginally 'better' learning environment?  Nah, not until the tech is advanced to the point of reasonable effort.

In the meantime, I require about twenty pages of reading each week, with in-class discussion and online discussion. Two weeks later, the lecture covers the same reading, with more discussion and a page of written commentary.  Is this what you mean?  Regardless, this is my methodology, and it will continue until I see something demonstrably better with the same effort on my part.

Basic information on the various learning types and what is needed for them to be successful

This is very useful and an important reminder to always custimize learning (even during virtual teaching when it's easier to do a "one size fits all" lesson).

The various tools that are available to students now, such as multiple mobile connections, will make it easier for students to access course material anywhere at anytime that they want to. Instructors should be facilitators and help students on their coursework. There are also diversities among student populations, and instructors should be aware of those different learning styles, and apply the various online tools that are available to everyone.

Today's student must be engaged and find relevance and what they are learning. The techology and the platforms that instructors have now will help ot keep the modern student focused and productive. 

The diagram outlining the constant flow of information between student and teacher was excellent.  It illustrates the partnership between faculty and student to ensure active learning.

To understand the different learning styles will be instrumental in creating a course that encourages every student in learning how to learn for oneself. I believe this is the key to providing the dynamic course students are looking for in an online program. 

Applying the term "inclusion" means providing learning opportunities and assessment forms to meet many different learning styles.  This is an important change I need to make so that all learners can be successful in my courses.

The focus on the diversity of ways to learn fits well with the dynamic and diverse tools available in the online classroom. I love the move away from lecture and notetaking. Long lectures were hellish for me as a student and bored me as an instructor. Even when teaching before the advent of online learning, I tried to mix it up -- using lecture, discussion, group work, student presentations, film, and fieldtrips as various ways to approach course content.

Nancy Tosh

Many things stood out to me however, my key takeaway is for the instructor to understand the various learnng styles and apply them to the learning process. Customization is key and learning is more effective when it is multidimensional and encourages the student to gather information or inout as they deem effective such as the use of Multi Mobile Connections (MMC).

Cheryl

These discussed techniques allow for learning to take place regardless of learner preference because it facilitates learning in many different ways to meet more student needs. 

An instructor should direct teaching to all the learning styles.  Using different methods to deliver the information will assist in targeting more than one particular type of learner.  

It is important to use multiple methods to engage the variety of ways of learning for students. 

I learned that the professor have the responsabiliti to integrate to the learning the differents way of the space interaction.

Online learning is not linear; it is like a web with multiple inputs and open-ended outputs.

In this module Ive reviewd the different ways of learning, and learned about another models. 

Useful strategies

The information provided in the module was helpful for developing additional learning strategies for online courses. 

I have learned how essential it is to design dynamic and technology rich learning environments. If it is linear students may not be as engaged or get as much out of it as they would a more dynamic model. I will definitely be thinking about this in any future course development.

As educator it is important to use this technology resources to facilitate to the students variety of opportunities to customize their learning experiences. Also allow the learner to adapt the use of the educational materials according their necesities and enhance their learning style using multiples resources as videos, articles, books, etc.

Sign In to comment