Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

My favorite part was the last section on transformative learning and how the wider variety of ways for students to engage with the instructor, with one another, with themselves, and with the material in an online classroom was fascinating. As an instructor, I find online discussions far more interesting and dynamic because, as the unit commented, often the quiet students in the class will be "vocal" online.

Nancy Tosh

Wow!

I learned a great deal from this module. Some keytakeaways are to make sure the online classroom is as dynamic as paossible, meaning a variation of blended content to maximize the learning ouput. In addition To increase the individulaixed learning experinece tools can be used such as blogs or journals, Wikis, and networking features. Great content. I plan to use blogs or journals for some of my classes moving forward even if it is not part of the gradebook.

Cheryl

The use of scaffolding through the zone of proximal development is a crucial part of the online learning environment.

It is my personal experience that technology keeps learners engaged plus add to the quality of the course being taught.

It is a learning curve for me since I was not born with computer in my hand (lol) like the newer generation learners. That being said I will keep learning computers knowledge.  

I wish they know about different styles of learning when I was in school as a child. Oh well late is better I guess than never. 

I had to forge my way through. I can be a better educator than that old school traditional method.

Student and Instructors engaged in learning the Dynamic area of modern education. That lends itself to great leaps in the education 

frontier. 

I have learned that providing a effective and dynamic learning environment helps to engage students and allows them to feel more of a sense of control in the direction of their learning.   In addition, this allows the student a better understanding of how they learn and process information.  

I plan on introducing dynamic exercises using games and video chat activities to connect the student to the content and to engage the students with one another.

This topic interests me. I agree that the success of this approach "depends on how flexible a student is in learning new ways of communicating."

Scaffolding is something that should be incorporated into online learning.  It enhances the content being taught by offering other referernces and/or material in a different way.  Scaffolding could also answer questions the student may have on their own with the added material. 

I like the graphic on increasing learning autonomy which presents interaction, communication, research, and self-authoring.  and provides examples. My question is: in an accelerated type of course (4 weeks) how do you implement each strategy due to the time constraints?

A dynamic classroom keeps the students engaged and creates opportunities for students to become curious about learning. Curiosity builds learning in the class that can lead to lifelong learners in the workplace.

The use of dynamic instructional design engages learners in the classroom and fosters curiosity.  Fostering curiosity at a young age can lead to a lifetime of learning.

That learning is not just linear but circular in nature.  And the importance of increasing learner autonomy by different methodologies such as encouraging independent research, online searches, and so on.

I learned that the computer mediation can be use with professor, learner; share the content and the application in the class.

In this module Ive learned about dinamic learning basics, and how to use it on  hybrid courses.

This course has broken down a wide variety of information, explaining the different parts of Dynamic Instructional Design.

I agree with "In professional development, more time should be spent on methodology training than on technology training". I feel that this is important for instructors to understand the "why" behind blended learning. When they understand the methodology, they will be more likely to conduct blended courses in a way that benefits the students, instead of relying on their old concepts of how things were taught and learned in a brick-and-mortar classroom, or relying on the technology to drive the learning process.

Dynamic instruction allows instructors to think outside the box to engage students in the learning process.  Students are so at ease with technology that bringing it into the classroom allows them to demonstrate their understanding in more ways.  

GW I have found this information helpful. As an instructor I want to make sure that I want the students to be interested in what they are learning and to beable to take these learning experiences with them into the real world of medical assisting.

Sign In to comment