Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that incorporating blogs or journals and encouraging open discussions amonst students and instructors is something that needs to happen.  Students learn more through allowing them choices or automony by adding links to learn more.  Using tech tools should enhance learning and allow for equal access by students.  

Great insight on the student prospective and how to create an engaing and dynamic course!

Dynamic learning allows students to interaact with others and opens new learning experiences. 

In this lesson there is a major emphasis on learner's interaction with content, other learners and instructor in different ways.  Learner should be encourage to be autonomous; own their learning process and product.  The learner in this model is seen learning via communication, self-authoring, research and interaction with different media.

This course has broken down a lot of information and ways how to bring dynamic content to my students.

Marjorie E. Randall

This course has broken down ways to be dynamic in the classroom. I will use these ways to delver my content in a dynamic way.

Dynamic instruction seeks to promote more engagement of the learner with scaffolding and technology to produce learning autonomy.   This is done through technology, meaningul dialogue, discussion, engagement, and interaction of the teacher and learner.   

Dynamic Instruction is using technology to enhance and support learning.   The goal is more student engagement not simply busy work with scaffolding and support to create autonomous learners.  There should be dialogue, discussions, research, learning scaffolds, teacher student interaction, peer interaction to engage and motivate students.     

I learned how important is the dynamic design of a Hybrid course and the benefits for our students.

I appreciate the focus on instructors and how to help the online learner navigate though additional resources.

I like that it emphasized that dynamic instructional design is not a tool to supplant the instructor, but is a tool to help the instructor get through to the learner in different ways. 

Dynamic learning encourages interaction which keeps students engaged allowing them to focus on their own learning needs/styles. This course reenforces the need to incorporate more content such as hyperlinks, personal blogs, wikis, etc., to provide heightened interaction for the learner.

I definitely appreciate the point about keeping the learning outcomes and the assignments authentic or real-world focused. As a course designer, I strive to write assignment overviews that describe how the assignment is related to real-world use.

The concept of dynamic outcomes, which seem to involve students in determining them, was interesting and a bit surprising. I would like to better understand the practical side of this point. Do we involve students in writing the outcomes based on their areas of focus?

Another poignant point refers to training faculty not only on the technology and software features but also on the theoretical side—when and why we use the tech. I also deliver continued education events to faculty and have always strived to provide enough theory to support the new tech we are learning but did my best to make it sound conversational.

Most recently, I developed training on active learning through live Zoom sessions. The opening lesson is focused on the limits of attention spans and the "7 plus or minus 2" element of cognitive load theory. That part of the training is about gaining instructor buy-in and helping faculty realize if you deliver information for long periods of time, it becomes a threat to short term memory and attention spans. Without recognizing these limits how can we know when we've gone too far with instruction? This served as a basis for when and where student interactivity is most necessary. Without it, the training would rely on the novelty of the software features such as the whiteboard or break out rooms to gain instructor buy-in.  When the novelty wears off or if something doesn't pan out for an instructor, what would be left to encourage experimentation or self-efficacy?

I learned that a dynamic learning enviroment with scaffolding will increase the students ability to further their learning with hyperlinks and discussions added to the courses

I really liked the information on the blended or hybrid approach to the on-line classroom.  This approach allows face to face with the instructor andf also allows students to work independently.

A blended course that offers dynamic online elements can make in-person F2F time more productive. For example, utilizing that time for deeper discussion vs. a passive lecture from the instructor. 

The idea of scaffoldiing and building critical thinking helps to expand student knowledge. 

Dynamic instruction is the use of technology in various ways to achieve learning outcomes that instruct student's through multiple learning abilities. I plan to use the DID instructional design when working with students virtually via Zoom, Email, Text and web based instruction.

Love this.. 

Everything starts with how students engage with the class and the subject.

This principle encompasses the ideas of motivation, building on the interests of the students. The area of engagement also helps students to see the reasons why they should learn what they’re learning, and makes it relevant to their life.

Online education has developed significantly since the pre-internet days, however, it has likely not fully reached its full optimization. The hybridization of courses provides the opportunity to tap into the best of F2F, Synchronous, and Asynchronous learning. This is great news but also a huge challenge for development. What technology to include, how to avoid ineffective gimmicks, how to manage all of the moving parts once a course has been created.

Sign In to comment