Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In dynamic instructional design, it is important to design for multiple communications paths. Additionally, allowing for choice and interactivity is critical for success. Also, the interactivity is not limited to technology use. I will apply this information to design the most effective dynamic instruction as possible. 

As a communications instructor, the information regarding the process of relaying information is especially interesting.

Good discussion about applied learning and dynamic learning environment. Applied learning incorporates use of reallife examples which allows students to apply the knowledge learned from thier discussion/instruction.

Dynamic learning environments are highly interactive and is usuaaly student initiated.

Hybrid learning involves use of course delivery designs that encopasses both face-to-face instruction and asynchronous sessions

It's important to consider how each student learns and know a bit about their backgrounds. That's why having a first day required online introduction is important and the instructor needs to be specific about what they would like to see in their student posts.

Traditional Courses are great for people who thrive in that environment and they have the time. Hybrid Courses are important for adults continuing their education and need a flexible schedule.  Some students may have never taken an online course before and may have limited to no computer skills.  There will also be students that are returning to school after 10 years or more. Those students may need a little more help getting started. 

Dynamic instructional design promotes scaffolding to foster students to learn how to learn.

The breakdown of dynamic instruction is awesome.  The use of technology can encourage students want to learn and they love technology anyway.

The course effectively highlights the benefits of having a dynamic instruction strategy. Dynamic instructions along with the use of technology allows for more flexibility which can benefit the student in a multitude of ways.

I have learned that knowledge building is not simply information exchange but rather the working of ideas into meaningful concepts. Also, that it increases autonomous learning skills, students become more aware of how they learn and what they want to learn. Finally, I learned that it seems as though students need more attention in the online learning environment.

This course has taught me several lessons. Most importantly, I have learnt that the dynamic forms of communication can be beneficial in terms of dictating the types of relationships that I should have with other people within a learning environment such as teachers and students.

Technology , allows students to intersect with various media standards.

Ok Folks,

This multichannel approach should work well. Some students enjoy reading, others prefer videos and video lectures.

In my Contemporary Literature class, we use the physical books, audiobooks that can be listened to while reading along, video lectures, live zoom lectures, verbal and written discussions, and both pre-critical responses and periodic essays about the readings.

So, there is a kind of shotgun effect going on here.

Yet... a full third of the class attempts to skate by with substandard work - and half of these with no coursework at all.

I don't believe that the 'rich learning experience' helps in this regard.

Students that are motivated certainly have a better experience, but those careless students care even less.

I learned that online learners still need a variety of media and options for interacting. I also learned several ways of engagement that I had not previously considered.

Dynamic instruction occurs in hybrid classes, because it gives a chance for interaction between students and instructors, students and students, and can give students the freedom to find their way by having choices on how to progress in the learning process. They can do this through blogs, e-portfolios, wikis, etc.

This gave great information about the way students learn and how to best cater to their needs and learning styles in a virtual setting.

My educational institution has moved to an online environment and I would like to see more synchronous meeting becaue I think students will benefit from all participants. 

This course has provided some innovative methods to engage and involve students through the online environment.

My biggst take-away came from the Increasing Learner Autonomy. I like the "learning how to learn for oneself" concept. It will be highly benneficial to my students as they move from theory to practical application.  

Awesome idea's on how to keep up with the everchanging times and keep students engaged and learning.

One thing I learned is to design my instruction so that students "drive" the learning process thus increasing the student's autonomy.  This makes a lot of sense to me.

This Dynamic Learning focuses on learning being multi-dimensional and fluid. Engagement of the learner is key and must have "buy in" to the process and reason for gaining knowlege.

Sign In to comment