Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned to appreciate to generations of learners 

Depending on your generation there are noticeable traits.

Very informative. I was not aware of just how different the levels of generations are in their learning styles. 

Vast differences and minor similarities between multigenerational people. 

Adapting, learning and being flexible in understanding and comprehending the multigenerational diverse generations. 

How we can adjust our teaching techniques and approaches based on our generational audience. 

I have a better understanding of my students that are from different generations

Teaching in a field that relies heavily on technology it's definitely helpful to be reminded of each generation's relationship with it and to have a perspective on how they might use tech to learn and develop skills.

Different generations have different perspectives. Identifying how generations absorb information is key to being relatable in the classroom.

each generation has their own context and background which affects how they process information 

Different generations, different era, different way of learning. There is no right or wrong just different

Each generation has their own strengths based on their experiences during their lifetimes. 

It's interesting to see so many things we have all assumed about all the "generations" tangibly identified and compared. Like how many different facets play into how the generations learn and identify growth, knowledge, etc.

It is incredibly beneficial to understand the basic characteristics of each generation when teaching a various group of students.  It means that you may have to use various teaching styles within the same group of people.  It is difficult enough to teach one group at a time, but when teaching at a trade school the juggling of multiple groups at one time, the struggle is real.

Knowing what generation you are you are teaching can really help in deciding your teaching style and aids like tec that go with it.

Being a Boomer myself, it is interesting to see the development of each generational cohort as it relates to technology. I use technology every day, yet my relationship to it is still as a person "coming to it," as opposed to a natural part of my existence. Although I can program a synthesizer and use a DAW to make music with no problem, I often see these technologies as a tool towards a goal rather than an integral element of the goal itself.

Each generation was born at a certain time and has a different view of reality. Adaptation is key to teaching students from these different generations.

I tend not to think in this compartmentalized of a way about people.  

Gen Z (Post-Millennial students) can be demanding as they want information immediately. Instructors should do their best to view these generations in a positive light.

This course went over the different generations, and the differences between them and their personality styles. It was interesting to see how each group was effected by large events in their lives.

Sign In to comment