Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Hello,

As a Gen Xer, I have learned that teaching the Gen Zers is easier than relating to the Ys. It seems that they are more open to learning different types of information.

This module provides insight as to why the different generations are the way they are, it makes sense they would learn differently also. I hope to gain more information to help each of my students to succeed.

This module highlights the different characteristics of each generation and gives a synopsis of its influences.  This helps me understand how each generation's approaches work, and learning.  Being a baby boomer it is important to acknowledge that each generation is based on societal norms at the time and it is important for me to adapt and understand those changes in order to engage each generation in the classroom.

I have encountered this in my teaching.  An extreme example is having a baby boomer who does not want to use technology and a millenial who does not want to take handwritten notes. 

It's good to learn about general generation preferences to hone in on ways students can learn and be successful in a course. Offering different modalities and accomodating learning styles in combination with generational considerations make for a potent mix of learning opportunities for diverse students!

Having multiple generations in the classroom helps to emphasize the importance of clear, professional communication.

It points out that each generation is different and that you have to work accordingly 

You also have to look at each individual separately.  

To try to be more aware of the differences and adjust instruction styles to take advantage of each strong point

knowing that each generation perceives, learns and reacts differently to situations can eliminate stumbling blocks and perhaps open new doors of opportunity.

I never really knew the timelines of the Generations.  This was extremely informative to me. I didn't realize that Gen Z craves more physical interaction. This is the kind of course that I will re-visit periodically as a reminder. 

I have learned that students have different style of learning and adapt fast.  They're more technologically inclined so the challenge for us, educators, was for them to remain course focus.

The unique attributes and the perspective each generation holds about life and learning are fascinating. This snapshot of social growth and change impacts the way learning content is delivered and understood. The preferences of each group are unique and require that we as instructors strive to incorporate methods of instruction that address the unique needs of each cohort.

it is important to leanr about other generations to see hw things have changed and how we can better understand studnets of all ages. 

The module references the  importance that the instructor recognize and implement , various forms of teaching methods to reach all students based on effective multigenerational instructional practice and methology.  To be a successful instructor it becomes mandatory to support every student to success by providing various forms of teaching methods.

understanding generational differences helps unity as we share our knowledge to different generation and provide respect and teamwork as a group/

Having knowledge about diffrent generations help teacher to undrstand differeces  between older grnerations and young generations.For example old generation have alot of chalenges about technology .They do not know how to make powerpoin ,On the other hand younger generations, they start working with computer and social media from early age, younger generation they are faster , they search everything and they use internet and computer easily. knowing about weakness and strengh of each group help teacher to have a right sterategy for teaching effectively.

Each generation has different characteristics, which has an important influence on setting the direction of education as an educator.

I learned the differences in how different generations learn. As an instructor it is important to understand these differences in order to adjust our teaching techniques to support the different types of learners.

This module gave a description of each generation including characteristics of their personality and life experiences.  It was a very good insight in understanding how each generation thinks, behaves and reacts to life and life changes.     

So interesting to study each generation, their preferences, common experiences, and all those things that forms who we are. It makes a good point that, as teachers, we need to understand where our students are coming from generationally so that we can understand their strengths, wants, and learning styles. 

I gained a better understanding of each generation and believe I have a better insight into reaching them or helping them reach their educational goals.

Sign In to comment