Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

EQ is important to improve soft skills

I will pay more attention to how I generate and choose my emotions.

That IQ is important, but have EQ can really impact instuction in the classroom

EQ help me to be aware of students feelings toward a subject or a presentation. If I see that I am losing them or they are not engaged, then I change my presentation to bring them back on board.

Learned the difference between IQ & EQ  and how managiing emotions of self and others in classroom can be a great asset for instruction

EQ is very important, especially for the instructor.

How important EQ is

In this module I learned the importance of EQ and soft skills.  The higher your EQ the higher soft skills you will have.  EQ is directly linked to learning how to control your emotions, to have better reactions and relationship wtih your students.  

I have learned several aspects related to emotional intelligence and soft skills that undoubtedly are going to be extremely important in how to better perform my commitment as a teacher and instructor.

I definitely consider this course a very interesting one, and I will deeply consider all the areas that have been mentioned to try to improve my teaching skills

EQ is essential in development of a high quality instructor

EQ is very important in dealing with students.

How important soft skills are in teaching.

Good tools to know as a teacher. I will work on lesson plans that have excitment as the students enter my classroom this year.

Understanding the ways to manage emotions both in oneself and others is key to managing a classroom.

EQ is important when you have to manage others.

I thought the EQ section was actually just as important, especially for younger instructors.  Seems simple, but many years ago as a young teacher I did not always take the best path for my student or myself.  I blame that Frost guy! ;)

The Road Not Taken

BY ROBERT FROST

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Soft skills make it easier for instructors to engage with students and make connections. EQ influences IQ.

Emotional intelligence is being able to interact with people from different backgrounds and to be empathetic to what those folks may be saying, whereas having a High iQ is being innovative and technical and understanding of how to problem solve

It is important to have people skills as well as hard skills.

more in depth difference between soft skills, hard skills and workplace behavior

Sign In to comment