Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Understanding the student mindset and applying correct teaching techniques can further the progress and understnding of the learning at hand.

This section helped reinforce my teaching direction of using real world examples and instructions to help engage and motivate my students.

Incorporating real life experiences into curriculum is an effective means to engage students. Encouraging students to take an active part.  Students who n their progress and success vs blaming others for failures have a much more productive experience in the classroom.  This way of thinking should be developed and encouraged.

I've learned that the students must feel they are invested in their learning. I'ts not just a course to score a great grade but to enhance their overall value.

My enthusiasm for my craft is evident to my students.  I try to make sure I realate evevything we do to its application in the Job world.  I try, but will try to do even better in making our lessons relevent to employment.  The "Why"...not just the "How".   I also could do better in encouraging the importance failure in the education process.  Practice and building good techniqwue comes from allowoing yourself to fail once in awhile.  

This course has been enlightening in one particular way for me. I plan on developing a system of reward for learning and understanding the material. As it's said in the presentation, each institution needs to discovery what pathway to student ownership and involvement work for them. I believe my students will be more empower and embolden to take a more productive stance in their own development if they stand to gain something in more immediate terms.

Students have to take responsibility for their own learning. I know we use a blended learning curriculum, which makes students learn on their own time and then apply it in the classroom/clinical setting. We set them up for the learning by providing the necessary information to them, but they have to own it and take responsibility to actually learn the material. 

I have found that the first thing an instructor needs to do is to convince the student that they are capable of doing this

The more real life scenarios the student get the more they will be prepard fo rthe real world. 

I learned that  42% of students in post secondary college DO NOT COMPLETE their programs. These students need to be engaged in ther assignments and instructors need to design lesson plans to engage them. The students need to feel that they are taking ownership of there grades and own it. The way  a lesson is being delivered is very important, The student needs to feel motivated they need to want to learn more and excited about it. The instuctor give that to them!

Students need to own their learning so they don't feel forced to just get things done. This is always hard when you have material that they just have to do to get to a project or interest point.

Reply to Phyllis Harris's post: The value of student empowerment is important to keep the students invested in their educaation

It is important to keep things engaging and relevant to improve and achieve student empowerment. 

Empowerment and motivational learning are both very useful for student engagement.

Students should be guided to take responsibility of their learning process and goals. 

Great information. Student needs to be responsible for the material that they need to study and learn. 

Encourage students to take ownership of their education

If students can relate what they are learning to their everyday life, they are more likely to take ownership of their learning.

Accountability and Responsibility is key in education

Ownership

Sign In to comment