Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Student ownership was a big takeaway for me. I find that students do tend to blame the instructor when they do not meet the course expectation. This information was valuable. 

Students can take more ownership of content if they see how it relates to their career goals.

ownership and take responsibility is the key 

Instrucros can help empower students by giving the appropriate assignments, by encouraging students to take responsiblity for their educationand and by encouraging students to truly invest in themselves by taking ownership of their education.

Ownership and Motivation which increases empowerment is a pretty powerful combination because it all comes down to emphasizing the choice in maturity and taking ownership of succeeding for yourself and by yourself. 

Very informational and helpful!  I learned to ensure we are including relevant labs/activities in class so our students continue to engage and enjoy their experience.

It is important for the student to be excited about what they are learning.  With this excitement, comes engagement and ownership for their learning.  With this ownership, achievement of educational and career goals follow.

These tips are very instrumental inthe learning process. Students need to feel that they have an active role in the learning process with real world connections that will increase their desire for ownership while taking responsibility for their careers.

Students must be involved in their learning in order to increase student empowerment and engagement. 

Students who are involved are personally motivated.  The vision to see the value of the program is key. The instructor has an opportunity to facilitate this motivation.

Student should take responsibility for their learning. Help them to engage in learning that imitate the real-life situations. They should know that their education is a serious investment that cannot be taken from them once they earned that degree.

Helping students to be accontable and responsible will help them keep a positive outlook in knowing the importance of education.

Doris R. Owens

Student must learn to encourage themselves and keep a postive attitude and know that they can meet the challenge to continue to learn and be successful.

Doris R. Owens

This segment was a reminder of how important real life and prior knowledge ties into student learning.  Working with older teens, I focus on career exploration, many of whom want to share what they know from real life in the classroom.  It is important to listen to what they share and use that to further the conversation, curriculum, and engagement.

Inspiring students to invest in their own education and ownership will require a more student-centered approach in the classroom.

Taking ownership builds excitement. It also empowers the student to invest whole heartdly in the learning process to achieve an educational process and ROI. 

I've learned that the students have to take responsibiity for their learning, which is also the comment of the student, the instructors have loads of experience and knowledge to share.

Students that are not engaged is the subject matter will not fare well. It's my job as an educator to get and keep them "motivated." Hands on assignments weaved into lecture and written work seems to fair quite well for me.

Always learning in education....

We are always learning and forever evloving in education.

Sign In to comment