Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Examples of soft skills are getting along with fellow workers, being on time, and communicating well with workers and customers, clients, and/or patients. If a student does not have the opportunity or is not assisted in developing the needed soft skills for employment success then the instructor and the institution are not preparing the student for career success.

In this module I learned about the importance of understanding and determining differnet levels of general education and how this can play a crucial role students continued learning.

Student Learning Assessments are a way to measure if/how students are picking up the content of the course.

I have learned that assessments can be very valuable if developed and used properly.  Going forward, i will implement using more assessments in my classes.

Active learning is the key to comprehension. 

In this lesson, I learned the different ways to structure course objectives, different ways students learn, and how to assess the learning progression of those students in comparison to the goals set forth in the objectives.

Different types of assessments are critical to gauging student's understanding. Knowing which ones are appropriate are also vital to ensure success in instruction.

I learned the importance of active learning to keep students engaged.  Which also relates to learning how each student/s learn on an individual level.

Tests and quizzes should evaluate the student's learning.  They shouldn't be done "just because".  An assessment of student's knowledge of the material will help an instructor in presentation of the material.

Assessing students with ungraded questions/tasks is a great way to understand their current level of knowledge. I also liked having the students write down questions they have, so that the student may feel more comfortable asking them.

This section gave great information on how to help students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills. 

ED 103 - I found this block of instruction facinating because it introduced a number of concepts from Bloom's Taxonomy to describing the skills most general education programs seek to develop. I have recently applied Bloom's Taxonomy in the development of lesson and learning objectives. 

Active learning is a great way to keep students engaged and curious to learn. It helps increase confidence in their ability to apply their knowledge.  

Proper assessment is sooooo important.  Most assessments are memorization-centric. 

When evaluating, it is very important to try to be positive, assessments will vary, as does ones thought process. Always be mindful to determine the appropriate assessment.

Assessments and critical teaching is a big part of educational process 

Active learning, status checks

Continuous assessment enables the best learning outcomes for students.  Interesting the use of "post-Enron days" in the ethics portion.  My guess is for the majority of people these days taking this online course won't know much about Enron. 

Instructors have a professional obligation to assess their students with methods that enable the students to reflect the knowledge and skills they have acquired during their instruction.

Great info on how to evaluate different students.

Sign In to comment