Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

greet each learner as the arrive to your classroom/ lab. Before your instruction begins, it is a good idea to introduce yourself, talk a little about yourself and experience in this field of study then explain what is expected of them and the goals that you set forth in the course.

If you don't know their name, they won't know you.

Allow yourself and students get to know each other

Get to know each student and don't overwhelm them on the first day.

It is always a good idea to get the class taking between students and teacher. Letting the student know who you are goes a long way in making students comfortable in the class environment. Having students talk between themselves helps also

It is about being a real person. Not just an expert in your field, a person who cares about each student and their success.

It is important to introduce yourself and your background as well as learning about the students to build a bond.

By letting students know a little about you're self and getting to know them a little will make for an comfortable learning experience.  

I feel pretty confident that I will be able to make use of these recommendations when starting my class this term

Defining how the students are going to participate in the class helps the students to see how they are going to fit into the class and what they have to do to succeed.

This is a human endeavor, and there are strategies for helping it be a successful experience for all.

Meeting a class or single student for the first time, I try to make it a comfortable meeting and try for some back-and-forth conversation on subject or off. Establishing a comfortable relationship to give rules while in class and set the procedure of learning our course. We are now two (2) days in class and three (3) days remote and I find myself having to go beyond allotted course time.

It is important to create an environment of learning and getting to know each other to decrease anxiety. 

1st impressions come around one time.   Do your best to have a positive 1st impression by being prepared on the 1st day of class.  Introduce yourself and discuss your professional experience to validate your area of expertise in the subject the students are about to learn.  Help students feel at ease by informing them of class objectives.  Learn student's names so they will know you care about them and their own personal goals.

Introduce yourself and let the students introduce themselves.  Give an overview of what they'll learn. 

Introductions can be a great first step to identifying with each other and getting a source of inclusion.

It helps students get to know each other and the instructor 

The concept of giving a pretest that first day as part of the introduction. 

In my opinion, the first impression, the motivation and the preparation of the instructor in the subject, are the key to a good class. Being able to hold students' attention is challenging and the instructor's histrionic personality is often helpful. The teacher's mood during class can vary. We must be prepared to use external resources when our mood is not appropriate for a good delivery.

The first impression on the class arrive early and greet the students with a nice facial expression entering your class

Sign In to comment