Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The thing that I find most frustrating about teaching Media Arts is all the different standards we are being held to.  I have 4 different sets of standards to be judged on, and it can be incredibly difficult to find ways to cover all the standards or even really determine what some of the standards want the students to be able to actually do.

Having a "guide" to keep you on track, and help gain deeper understanding of the "why", is critical to being a good insturtor.  I have used and build lesson plans in the past and they can safe your day if you get off track

I thought the A-B-C-D for writing Objectives was helpful.

Standars helps the student undertand the objectives.

Great tools for instructors

Make sure you find out exactly what guidance/standards you have from local/state and federal agency's prior to developing your LP's and Objectives.

Learning objectives and standards will help guide the creation of the lesson plan and help keep the instructor on track. It will also help to ensure the students get what they need out of the course.

I learned that xthe sequence of my lesson plans should deliver a measurable outcome. What do I expect the student to know by the time they have finished a lesson and how will I assess that they met the objective?

I learned that there is value in objectives. Objectives allow the instructor to display the content students will learn. I also learned that there has to be an outcome for the objectives so students know when they have completed the lesson. 

Objectives should reviewed to ensure they align with standards. 

i have learned how important it is create objectives that have measurable outcomes that the instructor and the student can both recognize.

Defining the objectives clearly is going to be the critical piece in my short course that introduces a ton of data.  It will be imperative that the student keeps in mind the level of which they are to be familiar with, recall or be proficient in. 

In the courses that I have worked in, we have to follow both the curriculum and job standards, I did not think about going back and check and reinforce this. I will review this with my upcoming courses.

It is vital that the objectives for the course are stated intently so you and the students are always on the same page. The students will also be able to know if they are keeping up with what they are supposed to be learning from the course. The standards are important as well. The standards should be current and up to date, and for the correct place.

Standards for certifiation are always changing and by going through accrediation on an ongoing basis helps us to stay abreast of any new standards. 

Use Bloom's taxonomy to ensure that higher level thinking verbs are included in your objectives.

I was grateful that we were told to go back and review our plans and reevaluate what doesn't work.

Making sure our objectives are clear and end the end that we have accomplished all of the objectives is so important. I use this as a way to measure my effectiveness and I encourage my students to use the objectives as a way to measure their comprehension of the course work presented.

Audience, Behavior, Condition, degree.  The more specific you can make the objectives, the more clear that will be in what actually needs to be accomplished to reach the goal of the objective.  The student will know exactly what is expected of them.

It is important to have standards clearly relayed to students.

Sign In to comment