Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

your objectives must be clear in order for the studnet  to be successful. 

Objectives must be written and stated at the begining of the unit of instruction.The objective needs to be measurable. Example, the student will have 30 minutes to identify all defective components on a vehicle. The student will explain the purpose of each component in the starting system without using reference materials. The student will answer a 20 question multiple choice quiz without using any reference material. The minimum passing score shall be 70%. The student will locate and identify all components of a charging system using the component locator in an online service manual.

Being clear on objectives and keeping standards up to date

Giving assessment to students is a good way to identify their progress and level of their understanding of the subject matter I am taching. This will also help me to make any adjustment that needed to make sure my students understand the subject matter more clearly so that they will not have any problem answering any question related to the learning objectives that they have to achive.

Reply to LISA WOLFF's post:Hi Lisa, yes I completely agree with you on this pretest that you ahev decribed and just to add my thoughts to your wonderful post, pretest also help me to prepare my class and what to include for my students as well as make necessary adjustments in my lesson plan. Thank you.

I've never heard of the word "Taxonomy" now I understand the importaints of Bloom's Taxonomy and why it's is so widly used.

When articulated upfront, clearly defined objectives provide students with an idea of what will be taught, how it will be presented, and allow them to understand when they have achieved mastery of the subject matter.

Using the A-B-C-D format to determine if an objective is actually clear and measurable, is a great resource.

Being in healthcare, I am used to writing objective, measureable goals. The ABCD method reminds me of what I do with patients every time I write a plan of care. Using the same approach with students makes perfect sense to me. 

I learned Taxonomy Levels could be used to guage the students in their performance.  I see it to be useful, similiar to a rubric, in assessments of student performance

Design the lesson plan with clear standards and objectives; use the ABCD aproach.

It is important that objectives are well-written to help students understand the steps they need to take to help them obtain the skills and knowledge needed to be successful. It is also important that objectives are specific, measureable, and based on competency standards. Not only are quizzes and exams are a great way to measure student progress, but having students present content and reflect on their performance to better foster intellectual development. 

I prefer to post objectives and refer to them as the lessons progress so students can see the flow of the topic.

there are two standards to meet the required outcome

content and perfromance

I really understood how to develop my lesson plans from the objectives after reading this course section.  Then use what I developed, and further break down the instructional objectives.  The instructional objectives are very specific.  I have read course objectives before and tey are very general.  Now, each lesson plan I create, I will have very specific instructional objectives.  I will share these with the students so they can anticipate what they are learning, and why they are learning it.    

good learning expereince to prepare for a good lesson plan

'

Standards are good in all aspects of life.

I found the standards and objectives section paricularly useful. I think including those for my students will clarify the information and skills students will need to take away from lessons and labs, eliminating and question or vagueness involved.

In the Lesson Plan, Objectives & Standards are so very important, as they out line for you & the student, what they will be learning, & how they will be learning it. 

Items that I have taken away from this module, & I intend to use are:

Objectives:

• Will define the porpose of the lesson.
  • The reasoning behind the lesson.
  • Taxonomy is to be used to be very clear, as it is a "commom language"
  • Types of objectives, to be considered are.... Factual, Conceptual, Proceedureal, & Matacognitive. I see the ones I would use most in the classes I teach wouls be factual, proceedural, & some conceptual.
  • They are to be specific, and will be measurable. Levels of measure that I will be considering will be:  Level I - Knowlage    Level II  -  Comprehension,   &   Level III   - Application.
  • Outcomes for Objectives are important and are to be specific, so as to check / measure the Objectives. The are to measure what the student will be able to do, once done with the lesson.
  • They are to be outlined, detailed, & broke out to be clear for the student.

Standards:

• Will be used to define the level of requirement for the lesson.
  • I will be sure to set the objectives in relation to the standards, so they relate.
  • A standard will have a specific statement to be clear to what the student should be able to do & acomplish after the lesson.
  • Assessment is needed to measure the students progress. I will be using tests, worksheets, homework, & student projects to assess.

Once you have objectives you can use them to form assessments and see if the material is being understood

Sign In to comment