Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Having practical and measurable objectives is vital to the success of the student and the program you are teaching. Skills-based and thought-out objectives ensure that the students gain the needed information and skills to succeed in their industry.

Effective objectives provide clarity and direction for both teachers and students, facilitating focused instruction, assessment, and monitoring of progress. They help ensure that learning goals are explicit and measurable, and they allow for effective communication of instructional intentions to students, colleagues, and stakeholders.

Comment on Nichole Basmajian's post: Nicely put Nichole. 

Objectives need to be specified with clear links to the course content covered. They are the literal stones on the path taken to mastering a new concept. 

Assessments need to be linked to communicated / established standards. 

Objectives can serve as guide points to enable student learning. 

Learning objectives must be clear, concise and measurable.  They will help guide the procedure of my lesson plan.  

I learned the reason behind baseline tests in the beginning of the class.  I always thought they were a gauge for a student but now I can clearly see it is a gauge for the instructor.

The standards help students achieve competencies that will be useful for subsequent accreditations

Comment on Cassadie Ross's post: Excelent

Comment on Raul Torres's post: Correct

I will Review and revise the lesson. based on the class understanding of the subject the objectives should meet or exceed the requirement for the class. Objective assessments should also be written to make sure the questions are specific to the content and appropriate to the group being tested; be only one component of the total, varied student assessment process. 

I never really delved into thinking about different standards. It's good know the different standards for the various topics you are teaching.

I learned about Bloom's taxonomy and how it can help classify student learning in the context of educational goals. I learned about different types of knowledge and how they must be incorporated to solve problems. This was very helpful in having the basis for objectives.

How to write an effective lesson plan that prepares students for their career. Knowing the different parts of a lesson plan and what they should entail also.

Always define the objectives.  I love making lesson plans.

Detailed objectives help organize the lesson plan and ensure the right material is being taught.

Objectives for a course must be measurable and the standards help focus instructors on course content and skill development areas within the field. 

Bloom's Taxonomy is a new concept to me.

I break down my lesson plan so my students understand what is expected.

Sign In to comment