Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As an educator you will need tobe able to adapt in the moment and recognize engaged and non engaged students.

Using pretest to assess background experience, knowledge and understanding of the material.

What I have learned from this module is that if one teaching method doesn't work, adapt.  Move on to another, maybe more interactive way of presenting material.  You don't know how a particular class is going to perceive the material.  What works for one class may not work for another.  Be willing to switch it up with a Plan B.

make your plan give it a shot see how it goes have back up ready to run go over plan A and  adjust it as needed find a way to make it more relateable

Addressing the learners needs and assessing the material for comphrenshion  

Having a plan"B" may be the same material but a different approach.

The strategies that czan be used when there is not enough instructional material for the class period was very helpful.  Planning a week ahead allow the instructor to begin using that material to fil the class time an does not leave the students sitting around with nothing to do.

This segment focuses on real-time assessments of student's learning of material.  I already do real-time assessments but now I have tools to help the students with issues of content.  I do not teach a theory course but if I did, I could always have the students complete a pretest to help understand their deficiencies.  

Be open to adapt and change to plan B is essential.

I love the idea of pretesting. I have done something similiar in the past and it does help give direction for instrcuting the class. 

how to effectively manage your classroom time, how to handle incresingly restless students, and importance of a pretest.

Having a plan B is extremely important.  Not all students have the pre-requisits to go into the material you are teaching.  Pretests may be helpful in setting a bench mark with each student.

Whem lecturing you may want to take frequent breaks to keep your class intersted. Put them in study groups.

Class doesn't always go as smoothly as we'd like so always having a backup plan is essential to be fully prepared for each day. 

I like to have a plan B and flexible time to cover each topic as needed. Every class is different and this method provides a great templet and a flexible teaching format.

I have learned  that before a lecture you should always plan out what you will be talking about. Break dow your topic into sectiong to help them understand you better. Always have a plan B incase you have to re-direct a topic. Give a pre quiz and see where your students are at and then decide where you want to start teaching from.

always have a plan B try to keep students engaged

A good teacher needs to be flexible and have other options when needed during instruction.

changing the activity or doing a status assessment when students are restless/not engaged

Having the ability to be flexible is important when troubleshooting.  Be mindful of how students are receiving the lesson to know when to redirect attention or find alternate ways to present the material is important.

Sign In to comment