Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Mystery Shoppers

Mystery Shoppers, From what I see, I believe that our Admissions Staff preforms a great job. If a mystery shopper was to come into our school I could only hope that the information collected would meet all standards set by our Home Office.

Internal Customers

If it wasn't for our internal customers, the instructors here would be at a loss. There are many times we rely on our internal customers (Student Services, F/A, Accounting, ect.) and not even realize what is going on. The instructor staff here does appreciates our internal customers.

Departmental coordination

In order to have a properly functional educational facility, the task of coordinating all departments is and always should be the campus president. My organization has an excellent coordinator that monitors all functions with the emphasis on completion rates, tutoring, etc. To that end, all students benefit as a result.

retention

improving retention.

Teamwork

How teamwork can benefit the students.

retention

How to retain by helping students cope with the unexpected.

helping students cope with stress

how to help students cope with stress.

Listening and communicating

What I think is lacking when people are helping others is effective communication and listening. If a student see's or hears something they don't like it will ruin finding resolution to their problem.

Stress

Stress is powerful and overwhelming. It's a problem that leads to emotion that can cause a blur in ones own judgment. We all go through stress. It can be recognized in ones demeanor, body language, facial expressions and tone of voice. Would you view stress as a problem? When we have a problem shouldn't we find resolution to that problem? How can you give confidence back to one's own abilities to learn how to cope with their stress? Ask yourself these questions and strategize.

First day of class

On the first day of class I like to learn more about the students I will be interacting with. I ask for their Name, Where their from, Hobbies and Goals (both short and long). It gives me an opportunity to see where their mind is at and to find something we can relate to in order to help me have their attention when giving a lecture. I look at it as an ice breaker for the retention process.

Mystery Shoppers & Blind-Study

Learning about the role of myster shopping, of which for many years I was unaware of who they actually were, reminded me of blind studies, of which the company or healthcare laboratory being studied are unaware of the specimen they are examining, and the outcomes of such laboratory procedures renders results onto quality control and practices complied. Mystery shoppers are that blind study sample, presented to the company in order to unbiasly observe and conclude customer service practices and efficiency in running their businesses to the standards that satisfy the general population.

Internal Customers & Course Modifications

As an instructor and a professional student, I have experienced both sides of how complex information is presented to students. Effective interpersonal communication with department leaders and cirriculum writers is crucial in ensuring that the course content is comparable with other institutions, in addition to, comprehendsable to student level, background and experience.

External Touch Points & Social Media

As aforementioned within the module, many people utilize social media, not only to convey business insights and information, but also to keep in contact with friends and family, both distant and close. The social media network has been used to express one's personal feelings and lifestyle. In having this source of access of information into one's personal life, social media is an external touchpoint, in getting to know the personality traits of representatives for a specific institution and company. Even myself, I must be cognizant of the things I state on social media in order not to bring attention to… >>>

Following Customer Trends

Modern technology has bloosemed into a discipline of interconnectivity between the general population and business/corporation owners. While following customer trends alots for specificity in meeting customer needs, there has be an margin of breaching of confidentiality in order to establish such specific trends.Thus, following customer trends needs to equally consider meeting customer needs and confidentiality.

Retention? Challenge accepted

In my experience, maintaining retention has come in the form of creating a fun but challenging environment. Instructor personallity plays a big part in retention. The ability to connect with all students through light humor and engage them in learning is definately a skill worth attaining.

Intervention

A friendly sile, a caring approach and steadfast support can be powerful tools for intervention.

Stress

Make class interesting, make yourself available, emphasis on resources available to them. Smile and mentor.

Retension? Challenge accepted.

In my experience, maintaining retension has come in the form of creating a fun but challenging environment. Instructor personallity plays a big part in retension. The ability to connect with all students through light humor and engage them in learning is definately a skill worth attaining.

Everyone on the same page

It is vital for all departments have a shared goal or vision. Each department plays its own role in achieving it, but everyone is "rowing" is the same direction toward success.

High EQ

I believe that a student beleiving in themselves is one of the most important attributes for success. If a student believes in themselves, I can teach them the techniques. If a student doesn't, it is as if they are not listening.