Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED 111

I love this course

I agree. I thought it was very helpful and gave me idea to try in my classes.

I found this course added to my knowledge of encouraging active learning through analytical and critical thinking. As instructors in the nursing program, we are always encouraging our students to look beyond the facts and figures that we want them to learn and incorperate them into the care of their clients.  By using critical thinking skills, the students are able to individualize their care for the client and "one size does not fit all" attitude.

I enjoyed this course it taught me much about teaching types.

This course was useful.  I intend to incorporate some of the active learning methods into my own teaching.  Further expansion on critical thinking would have been beneficial, but perhaps that might be too ambitious for a course of this length.

I learn a lot in this course, help me to update my class  style. I'm implementing more discussion in my class. I use son videos that are related to the topic and after see it we discuss about that.  My students Love it now the ask me to do more discussions like that.

Thanks for the training , highly appreciated.

I really learned from the high risk strategies, how to make sure you have a backup plan to maximize class time  

@colleenschwindt :

Hi Colleen,

I am faculty in an ADN Program, but extremely accelerated. It is extremely hard to effectively help students to critically think and be able to use analysis in either the classroom and clinical environment. Factors that affect the success is the level of educational knowledge they come into the program, GPA, reading comprehension, and communication skills. The length of the Nursing Program has a direct correlation to the success of both student and program.

Having students to be able to effectively transfer what they have learned in the didactic setting, to the clinical setting is one of the biggest challenges that we face in the program and test taking. We are committed to doing everything possible to prepare the students for the NCLEX and future success.

Sharon Rogers

Nursing 

@isthompson : @isthompson :

Hi Irwin,

I totally agree that the course further enhances your knowledge about  active learning and helps you to utilize other ways to assist students to improve critical thinking skills. It is so important to actively engage the students in the classroom and be able to effectively use activities, which will enhance their knowlege and understanding. I have been able to use some of the knowledge learned in the course, in the classroom and found it to be effective.

Sharon Rogers

Nursing

Sign In to comment