Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

What are you planning for the summer vacation?

I am planning to visit Turkey next summer. Does anybody know about Turkey's history?

Do students see facilitation as "doing nothing"?

I always wonder if students think a teacher who is stepping back from actively teaching (i.e., lecture) is doing nothing for them and expects them to figure out the class for themselves. I could see students feeling like that's not what they paid for, or that the instructor is lazy. Have you ever encountered this and, if so, how did you handle it?

Asynchronous Discussions with Google Classroom

I have seen and participated in asynchronous discussions in LMS programs such as Blackboard.  I liked the fact that it was structured for each student to have a post, and that students could reply with additional thoughts or ideas inside of those.  I had professors who even graded based on reply quantity and quality.

Does anyone have any suggestions for creating such a discussion board within Google Classroom, or in conjunction with Google Classroom?

how do I start?

how do I start the actual courses?

Developing Relationships

Students are always more involved with instruction when there is mutual respect between all parties.  Besides the whole class  relationship between teacher and class the individual relationships between students and students and teacher and students will initiate "true" learning.  As Pauolo Freire taught us long ago the "banking method of education" teachers nothing. To have any critical thinking among all parties their must be an understanding of equality and respect.

EL102

This topic has a ton of great information pertaining to teaching online courses. I found this lesson to be awesome.

classroom management

How do we address excessive poor behavior? at what point is 'too much'?

EL103

I need help your help . the web side would not let me retake the final test for EL103 again .

thanks

First 3 modules

Suprised how much I already know

Teaching Techniques 102 -Sondra Gentry

The Course Structure, Guidelines,  and Course Requirements depend on my expertise in organizational skills.  The Course Learning Objectives are mightily dependent on me- managing learners, projecting my authority and presence in the e-learning environment, build a relationship with each learner, projecting my authority and presence in the e-learning environment, build a relationship with each learner, manage communication, provide help with technical issues.

module

is it me or anyone else find this stuff a little complicate. 

Online Instructors

There are many tasks and support that will be on us as instructors.

Instrumentation

What instruments are utilized during a hysterectomy?

Module EL103

am instructed to take EL103 again can I have it reset thank you

?

What % of teachers prefer the learning style of asynchronus vs synchronous discussion?

?

in a scale of one to five. 

How difficult will it be for ESOL students to adjust with elearning?

Class Size

What is the largest class size that you are the most comfortable teaching in the online setting for one course?

Online Lesson Plans

What do you feel like are the components of a good online lesson?  I am finishing my first year as a CTE teacher (what a wacky first year!).  We have created a committee to plan for future online learning needs.  We currently use Canvas as our CMS platform for everything except grades (we use Aspen for that).  We will be creating guidelines for all of our teachers going forward.  Thanks for your input!

very good

i like the cousre

Dropping a student from a Chat

Just wondering if anyone has ever dropped a student and what the reason(s) were for cutting a student from a particular Chat or Topic.  Actually, I was not aware that we could do that as long as the student was registered in our class.