Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Other Stress-Related Issues | Origin: ED145

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Stress Reduction and Management for Educators --> Other Stress-Related Issues

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Stress generally is in response to an external cause and goes away once the situation is resolved. Anxiety generally is in response to an internal cause and is your reaction to stress that does not quickly go away.

Stress and anxiety are closely related yet are caused by different factors in life.

Mental healthiness comes from dealing with stress in positive ways and there are many techniques for coping with stress to make you a better teacher.

Everyone deals with stress in different ways.  There is no right or wrong way to decrease your stress.  It can vary from person to person and from one situation to the next.  It's best to have multiple techniques in your bag in case one is not effective for a given scenario.  

I learned some new methods for dealing with stress, anxiety, or both. I will implement many into my life including; keeping a journal, getting regular sleep, avoiding excess caffeine, and reaching out to family and friends. 

Avoiding excess caffeine can help with stress reduction-

Stress and anxiety are often related. Support systems are an effective and helpful way to deal with stress.

I learned different stratigies in coping with stress. Having good relationships with your work peers can be tremendous help to give you some new insight on what you are dealing with. Everyone will encounter stress in their personal and work life - how you equip yourself to handle it is what is important. 

Being able to reach out for help during  a stressful time has been very helpful for me while at work.  Peers and bosses are available to calm and get through the problem.

Sign In to comment