Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress and Physical/Mental Issues | Origin: ED145

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Stress Reduction and Management for Educators --> Stress and Physical/Mental Issues

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I have learn that stress comes in all forms even when we are not aware.  I intend to use this lesson in my classes to help my student recognize and become more aware of stress and how it affects our lives.

I have been practice this for a while to relax myself.  It is refreshing to review this over again to re-enforce the need for stress relief.

I learned about the different levels of stress. All stress is not  bad but too much exposure to toxic stress can cause burnout.

Stress can come in a variety of forms both internally and externally. Some stress is healthy but longterm stressors can cause many health problems such as cardiovascular disease (heart disease, high blood pressure, heart attacks, and strokes). Getting plenty of rest, eating a healthy diet, exercising, and finding an outlet will help manage stress.

I try to teach my students to channel the stress they feel from school into positive outcomes.  

Stress can cause heart disease, heart attacks and strokes.

Everyone of us has stress in different levels and categories.I intend to use the techniques learned here to release stress to my students who have high level of stress while studying both emotional and psychological.

I like the "three good things" approach and would love to implement at the end of class to leave with a positive note

I like the information regarding PMR (progressive muscle relaxation) and will try this out.

I really like the idea of stopping my students and having them do some deep breathing exercises prior to quizzes to try to relax them.  They are usually so focused on getting the quiz and spilling all of the information out at once, but I think it will do them good to stop and breath for a moment or two first and hopefully relax.  We will see how it goes!

I have learned that recognition is the key.  We as adults are sometimes so busy that we just ignore the symptoms and just keep on going because that is what it means to be an adult.  

I learned a lot of new methods to dealing with stress, and the importance of handling acute stress before it becomes chronic stress. I learned and will implement PMR and i will start considering where to make improvements in my life.  

I have learned that taking vitamins and listening to PRM music may help ease stress, I will apply both to my life.

I have learned that deep breathing and progressive muscle relaxation are great techniques for instructors and students to employ to reduce stress.

Focusing on three positive outcomes of the day can end the day on a high note and help students focus on the positive, thereby reducing stress.

Stress can come from internal and external sources. Not all stress is bad. There are many ways to reduce stress including exercise, a healthy diet, and adequate amounts of sleep.

Stress can be detrimental to not only your physical health, but also your mental health. It is important to take care of yourself correctly during stressful times. Eating a well balanced diet, exercise, plenty of sleep, mindfulness, and support from others.

I learned that practicing deep breathing and progressive muscle relaxation are good methods to get your body and your mind at ease. This technique I feel could work well in the middle of your day to prepare you to get through the second half of your day with more ease. 

I also feel that focusing on three positive things that happened everyday is good. This would focus your mind on the good/ not the stressful. 

The key is balance and holding yourself accountable!!! Sure, there are plenty days I feel overwhelmed, but I have to stop and switch my gears which could be something as simple as going outside and looking up at the sun and feel the warmth on my face!!

Sign In to comment