Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress and Mindfulness | Origin: ED145

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Stress Reduction and Management for Educators --> Stress and Mindfulness

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Mindfulness is a technique used to stay present in the moment. How you think about os how it will affect your life.

MIndfulness is simply paying attention and focusing on the present moment.

Mindfulness is is to use your mind in the present

Mindfulness is important to slow things down and smell the flowers so to speak.  I like the 4 x 4 breathing technique myself.

Mindfulness is a constant practice that requires active and intentional energy but the positive effects can be great.  

I learned that mindfulness affects your physical and mental health. I will practice being more mindful by paying full attention to things rather than always multitasking. Just really paying attention and taking the time to slow down and focus. 

Studies show how you stress can have a similar impact on your physical health.

Focus on one task at a time. Close e-mail when working on specific tasks to reduce interuptions.

I learned that I need to become mindfull at work. I need to slow way down and try and focus on one task at a time. I also need to become more aware of when I am feeling stressed and take a minute to stop, breathe and reconnect with my brain. 

By practising mindfulness, we are more in the present and can improve how we think and stay on task easier.

Sign In to comment