Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Enhance student learning

Stay organized

Enhancing Student Learning

Timed lessons

great material

great

Rubrics/ Un-Grading

What are some methods you have utilized to assess a student's learning without actually giving a grade that measures it or requires a rubric to be utilized for grading?

New Faculty/Instructor Challenges

As a new faculty/instructor, what were some of your challenges and fears that other new instructors can learn from?

Course content

Excellent reminders!

The Most Difficult Part of Teaching

In your opinion, what is the most difficult part of teaching? Is it teaching? Classroom management? The students? Making tests?

I believe that the hardest part of teaching is knowing if my teachings are effective with my students. Now with this training, I have found ways to help improve my teaching style as well as be more mindful about my students to help them learn the best way they can.

Great Class

I enjoyed this class.  It allowed me to step back and reflect on things that I have observed but hadn't yet put words and reflection into processing.

Very beneficial

Learned alot 

Professionalism VS Instructional Style

Could be so "professional" that it hinders an effective instructional style?

Learning Techniques

I have found that using a combination of audiovisual techniques is helpful for students. For example, sometimes showing a short video that supports content we have just gone over, with a quick quiz after to benefit information retention.

Breaking the Iceberg

Instructors can benefit significantly from making quality connections with learners. Customarily, as educators, we perform a variety of icebreaking techniques to allow learners to feel more comfortable.  However, I believe that "breaking the iceberg" is more essential because it is an ongoing process.  It enables learners to acquire positive learning experiences and to attain higher order thinking.  The affective domain for learning is paramount because if learners are uncomfortable in their learning environment, learning ceases at its onset.

How to Memorize

I teach Anatomy and Physiology and the majority of the anatomy portion requires memorization. I found that labeling and re-labeling a diagram was an effective learning strategy for myself. What other study methods do you recommend for memorization-heavy classes?

Class introduction

How to decrease the instructor anxiety before starting the class

All thesese modules are son helpful to be sucessful in your teaching

love it

very interesting

How so you incorporate some of these suggestions in a clinical setting

It is difficult at times to approach this format in the clinical rotation. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Excellent, Direct, and Applicable

I actually enjoyed taking this course: even after 22 years, I always learn something new and helpful.  This was straightforward and right to the point and can help me be a better instructor.

Active learning

I am trying to continue to improve my teaching strategies so I am anxious to learn more about active learning. I am excited to incorporate more active learning in my courses

Tadalista Professional

Tadalista professional Brand is a high-class newcomer in the field of erectile dysfunction drugs. Thanks to the improved formula, it starts to work faster, all you have to do is put the pill under your tongue and wait for it to dissolve. Sublingual medicine is recommended for consumption by placing it under the tongue; the medicine then dissolves in mouth and gets diluted in blood stream allowing sexually aroused men to attain erection that is stronger and harder for longer time.

For More Visit Click Here: https://www.flatmeds.com/

Supplemental educational resources

Hi,

What is the best web resources you use to supplement educational materials?