Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Introductions

When introducing yourself, what are some subjects you include?

Keeping organized

Going over the objectives, do you read the syllabus or do you have the students read it?

How to deal with a struggling student

How do I help students who sometimes do not want to be helped?

Very good info

I enjoy the class

FLIP

What guidelines do you give to students when having them teach the topic?

Multiple learning styles

How do you approach presenting material for all learning styles?

Getting through a lot of content in minimal time

How would you suggestion getting through a lot of content with minimal time?  If given 4 hours and you need to get through 4-5 chapters, as well as do an assessment or test, how can this be done effectively?

fresh content in the field

what sources do you use to keep content accurate and easy to retain

Creative Learning

What is the most creative event you've planned for auditory learners?

Learning

Providing a supportive learning environment can encourage class participation and growth. This type of learning environment encourage questions and discussions to stimulate the future critical thinkers of our communities. 

Professional development.

The professional development programs are really important for nursing instructors. It can be a great option and move our career to another level. Quality improvement is reflected in classrooms.

It is all about Projection

Bottom line, it is all about how we project in the classroom. We need to Model, manage and motivate at any given time and feel comfortable with doing so.

learning styles and building an interactive and cohesive learning environment that includes group work

How effective can instructional assessment techniques are in the online or distant education environment? I encountered huge challenges  to maintain instructional quality in the online environment. 

new instructor nervousness

As a new instructor, I was a little uneasy at first, but soon got comfortable and just began to do a mental checklist. I told myself I can do this, it's good to get the nervousness over with, don't want the learners to pick up on it.

Learning and Understanding

One of the things I try to remember is that students learn things for their reasons, not mine. Being mindful in my presentations of this theory opens up student learning as they begin to open their minds to new ideas and challenger their assumptions. 

Active Learning & Student Engagement

What is a strategy for engaging a student who is constantly on their phone or on an electronic device, not paying attention or participating in class?

Learning

Instructors give less time to students with disability?

Learning

Invest time in instructional methods

Enhance student learning

Provide extra time

Enhance student learning

Getting into diverse groups