Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Feedback is crticial when teaching online. Students needs to have interaction with content, teachers and other students. 

I learned about thecommunication standards for communicating with my students. Also the information on feedbac k is very important.

The amount of feedback given to a student in an online environment is critical because they can feel neglected

​Remember that emails aren't private and can be forwarded. ​Also, by using peer evaluations on group assignments it engages the student and saves the instructor time. 

While its important to five frequent, consostent feedback, the instructor should not respond to each student's post. They need to be able to discuss freely among themselves. My role is to mintor and steer in right direction. Could post a group feedback response.

With only 4 years of F2F education in the roughly 11 years of my higher education experience as a student, I can relate to so much of what this content discusses. From the other side of the screen, now having taught a fairly good number of mediated courses, I can relate to the challenges of instructors. I think that the challenges of mediated education actually draw out (exasperate) issues that exist but are accommodated for and ignored in the F2F classroom. From many conversations with students I have heard stories of grades not being posted, calls, and emails not being returned, the ambiguity of assignments unanswered. All of the excused by a culture of academia. These types of practices really need to be changed for the success of the mediated classroom.

Be sure to create an effective environment by being a good instructor by developing a teaching presence, social presence, and establish a response time for your students even if they do not ask questions continue communication is the key to online success. 

Feedback to learners is critical to the students success.

Feedback to students should be continuous. Communication professional. 

Feedback is important for all students enrolled in the classroom.

Good communication and feedback can help you and your students with the interpretation of the work being presented. Doing group assignments is also a good way to get all students involved.

Be supportive let group discussions go on unless you need to interject when they stray from the point communication is the key to learning make sure that they know you are paying attention and ready to help as needed without taking over the discussion

Workload Management Strategies for Teaching Online --> WLMS for Communicating and Collaborating

Instructing in an Online LMS requires understanding the social meda communication tools available for instructors to be effective, allows for social presence, and gives the instructor the tools to give positive constructive feedback in a timely manner.

In Collaboration clear Boundries need to be set to clearly communicate established communication for content and feedback expecations. Word Templates allow for structure feedback that is constistant and reduces Student and Teacher WLM. 

Continuous feedback from students can also be useful.

Teaching presence, social presence, and instructor response time are important factors in student perceptions of learning.

Give clear feedback and interact with your online students

Make sure students know that expections of communications with other students and with the instrutor. Write in proper grammer, don't use all caps, use proper puntucations, include all background information if needed, and include personal contact information if needed. 

Compared to professors teaching F2F courses, instructors who teach online seem to be expected to be available more days and hours.  Online instructors need to be aware of this time commitment.

Online Instructors are Project Managers working in a platform that is Virtual. The same characterisitcs of a good project manager apply to an online instructor. 

Students learning online need more feedback to stay active. Peer feedback may also be a good tool.

Sign In to comment