Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Making a Positive Impact on Students | Origin: RT104

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Best Practices to Enhance Student Retention --> Making a Positive Impact on Students

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

We should create a comfortable environment, Learn to teach, motivate, and instill emotional intelligence.

The best practice for student retention for me is the chear leader. Students need someone on their side that will not, in a sense, benefit from their success. Just someone who cares about them and really wants to see them succeed.

It took me almost 3 years to really learn to teach. I knew alot and had no problem sharing it. I threw out my knowledge and was not sure what stuck. I started to ask more questions. broke up the class into smaller sections. quizzed and tested more often. Asked for feedback. How my students did was my grade. How i assessed myself. My early D's turnedto many B+'s. I never give myself an A. An A+ means I did everything perfect. Nobody is perfect. I just hope to learn from each mistake. It is how I teach the students.

Making a positive impact on a student begins when they first walk in through the front doors.

A sense of school community and connections with staff can greatly increase student retention.

Interesting & encouraging.  I try to implement this at my job daily.  

Bring able to share your experience, motivating and encouraging the student that can accomplish the goal they have set for themselves, asking questions to assess their learning

Learning is can be fun if an instructor is able to relate the course content to current events but one must be careful with which jokes are told.

I try to do this on a daily basis, this helps to motivate students to be their best self.

Practicing positive attitude is like breathing for me.

My belief is that encouraging class participation will motivate students. Maybe not all the time but most of the time.

Job searching often takes a lot of time and does'nt bring any benefit, check on, maybe the reason is your resume, make sure that your resume is written correctly, Visit professional cv service. There is a good service with professional resume writers , trust your cv to professionals !!!

Educators can inspire students' inner motivation by providing a supportive environment and modeling positive behaviors. I believe all students, faculty, and staff would benefit from learning about Emotional Intelligence as it can make all of the difference in the world.

It is always important for a person to feel valued. Encouraging our students that they have the ability to succeed has to be part of the foundation of everything we teach!

It is EQ that makes you aware of others' emotions that includes your own. I think, the most successful professionals are those who thrive in their fields because of their EQ. EQ is an indicator of success and not IQ.

It is important to present information nicely and in an organized fashion. Motivating students is important. 

Having a EQ and soft skills is important when working with adult learners. 

Having a high EQ helps with being in touch and considerate of others. This will assist in collaborating and being a team player in any work and professional environment. 

By understanding our own characteristics and how we ourselves are motivated it will help us to understand our students if we understand twat motivates them.

Allow the students to feel seen and keep honesty throughout the entire learning process. Students that feel seen and heard are bound to build healthy habits and a future goal.

Sign In to comment