Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I like how this included list of exactly what sort of things should be included in orientation like attendance, attire, academic support, classroom behavior. 

Orientation should be fun and have full involvement with all faculty and staff to interact with each other.  But most importantly have students, grads/alum to attend and participate.

putting together customized welcome kits can increase ownership and belonging

I've noticed that once students have met me in person at least once, they tend to reach out for help/communicate with me much more often than students who have not met me. I think introducing myself to students during their orientation would be a great way for them to see me and realize that I am a resource to them. 

I like the tips/ things to include in ACADEMIC MEETINS:

1. Classmate Testimonials

2. Classmate Interactions

3. Class Picture

4. Welcome Packets

Students really want to know that the faculty teaching them has real world experience in what they are teaching and where they anticipate working after graduation.

A well planned Orientation will help student retention and provide support to students. I like the idea that the Director of the Education should take the lead in planning a good Orientation, but have the support of faculty and administrative staff to make it a fun and successful Orientation. Faculty members are crucial for students to meet at Orientations. I do love the idea of having a picture taken when students start and hang it for them to feel like they belong. 

Faculty involvement is an essential aspect of any successful educational program. Students need to trust and enjoy learning from their instructors, and faculty members play a crucial role in fostering this positive learning environment. However, in the case of the college I work for, an online school, there is no in-person orientation or equivalent for new students. This means that there are no opportunities for students to establish a personal connection with their instructors. Despite this limitation, there may be other ways to ensure that students feel supported and engaged in their online learning experience.

Campus faculty and staff play a major and vital role in student retention. 

Sign In to comment