Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Encouragement and working with students is key. Things can spiral out of control quickly, and it's best to be observant and help students work with stressors. 

As a success coach, it is important to keep a positive, encouraging, and uplifting outlook so that the student will feel hope in whatever situation they face.  This will combat Academic Erosion and Academic Stagnation, as well as guide them to a new paradigm of thinking to help them become successful.

An effort to keep retention is to keep on motivating, make it fun, let the student know the will be succeful and their effort is not unseen. The way I would apply this is to insure they are understanding and interested in the way they are being educated weather that be Visually, Auditory, Kinesthetically, or through Reading & Wrighting.

stress and perception and causes for students to doubt their worthiness in class

I train all my staff on the importance of retention.  

While reading these documents, I learned that reassurance is important and should be given to the students to help from stressing factors inside and outside the school.

It is important to not only tell students that we support them, but we must also show them as well.

Academic Erosion and Academic Stagnation felt on behalf of the students is collateral damage from the "Professional" Erosion and "Professional" Stagnation that the university staff feel themselves from their superiors or job responsibilities. 

We will work to help students identify their mindset and how they are dealing with the pressures of school, work, and life. Our instructors are frontline responders and who the students respect.

I learned about how powerful paradigms are and it's very important for school personnel to consistently adopt a positive and hopeful paradigm when assisting the student. When students lose hope and when they are about to give up it's the school's personnel duty to offer meaningful support and to positively influence a student to remain in school.

Poor service can negatively impact students. I've also learned that it's everyone's responsibility to keep students on track and to help them succeed.

We all go through stressful phases in life. Some some may be able to handle high levels of stress. Where some don't possess that ability. As a team, it's our responsibility to provide assistance.

I must say this is very good training for an instructor. *This training shows us that we need to make time to help the students. * they are why we are here. * Students need know that we care.

Comment on Susan Wright's post: I agree they are why we are here.

It takes a village.

Accompaniment to the student must be a duty of all those who represent the institution.

More essential in the first semester.

where more stresses generated due to the  changes the the student is experiencing and  being able to identify and provide support would  help the student and the institution

Academic erosion stress and academic stagnation stress are two of the strongest influences on attrition. How the school and school staff view and treat a student can make all the difference in the retention of a student. 

This has given me confirmation that all of our student meetings are worth it. All the extra time to show each student we care about their success is important. 

All the institution must be involved in school commitment.

Everyone in our school plays a role in student retention. Good communication and professional attitudes are very important to ensure the trust from our students and their success.

Sign In to comment