Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned that our students have evolved and their expectations are greater. We now need to pay attention to them and their needs. Most of all retention is a must for anyone of us to benefit, either student or employee.

It is understadable that not every student will complete their course or field of study but if you can tell the diffrence between the 2 attrition that happen we can combate the issues early to ensure that we retain more students in the future. The way I would apply this is to catch any issue early and head on and come up with the proper game plan to retain the students.

Retention is a huge part of the campus effort. there is a lot that it in tales with the campus.

retention is important to help keep students engaged in class which helps keep students enrolled.

Retention is key when working in the admissions department. This really helped my.

I learned that retention is important to maintain a school and that students are the lifelines to a school's success.

Keeping "student success" at the focal point of your work can help you create that campus culture in which student retention can grow and students can thrive. 

Retention is important for success of students. All faulty involved on campus should support students in meaningful ways to build retention. 

Retention is the responsibility of everyone. It must be a part of the institution's culture, having everyone a meaningful part their each student success.Retention can be mastered by having management doing the right thing and having staff and instructors doing what is right to retain each student. By learning what brought them and why they are here is ultimately the underlying factor that is missed which is to make a better life and living conditions for themselves. 

I have learned that all departments play an essential role in student retention, I believe it is requires team effort and open communication among the staff and students.

getting to know your students and having them understand that we are here for them is very important. Giving them hope and staying active with each person while they are in school is important.

Retention seams to be an issue that looks like an iceberg, and institutions are just addressing the visible tip and are ignoring the monster below. 

Student retention is a responsibility not only of the staff that works with the student but the students as well by expressing their challenges and approaching the right people who can help them before it's too late. Solutions cannot be found if not looked for. Reminding students of the Office of student services is a place where they can ask without judgement. 

Retention can be impacted by all members of the campus. Look for areas and courses with high drop rates. at times there are instructors or courses that students become fearful of. make meaningful adjustments. 

What I have learned is each department has a role in retention. We have to demonstrate to our students that there is value in what they are doing. We need to be ready to listen to our students and be prepared to help them with their problems. We need to show caring. 

I learned about how retention is very vital and that everyone must be involved for it to be successful. I also learned that it is also my duty to track and see when the student is at risk of withdrawing or dropping out of the program.  Lastly, I learned it is very important that we create a relationship with students to promote trust and loyalty between students and the institution. 

To improve retention, it takes a team effort to focus on awareness which means reviewing surveys and providing feedback to students based on their comments. Directors, faculty, and staff should be open and receptive to learning when assisting students. Institutions can show they care by ensuring resources and staff are readily available. It's crucial to analyze why students withdraw and create resources to support those with similar issues in the future. 

I learned that retention is a collaborative effort . Every staff member has a responsibility to ensure ,all students needs are met. 

Retention of students is possible .When we build a rapport with the students , they are more likely to open up about an issues they may effect students retention.

I learned that retention is a campus effort and there is not one way to go about solving the problem. I look forward to trying some of the suggested tracking methods on my campus and paying more attention to the students expectations when they start. 

We must be more aware of the stresses that students may or may not be having in order to be proactive towards those that are not succeeding with in our programs. 

Sign In to comment