Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Retention is everyone's responsibility.  Even the professor who could care less about the "advisors" role on a campus.

I learned that student retention is everyone's responsibility and that it has academic, administrative, and financial implications. I also realized that there are many myths surrounding retention, often blaming external factors. However, it is essential to properly prioritize and understand the target student segment to ensure they are able to complete their studies.

Establishing a school-wide culture of retention support and responsibility is generally more effective that asking one person (admissions representatives) or group (faculty) to serve and monitor. Having an "all hands on deck" approach gives students a wrap-around effect of support and guidance and gives students multiple avenues of seeking the kind of help they want or need to avoid withdrawal.

Retention is the responsibility of everyone at any Institution. It must be a part of the culture; student success must be a meaningful part of each staff member's. "Retention is the by-product of doing the right things the right way, of having the right people in the right place at the right time"

I believe that timely identification of 'at-risk students' and providing them with academic advising, tutoring, or wellness checks, can significantly improve retention outcomes. 

The school's marketing ultimately sets the student's expectations, wow!

Retention is the responsibility of the whole campus. Separating Fact and Myth to retain students

We as instructors need to help students with their retention issues

Retention impacts both the individual and the broader healthcare system

Student retention is the responsibility of all stakeholders. Post-secondary education needs to evolve to the changing needs of students. What worked in previous generations will not work for the students of the digital age. 

Comment on Manijeh Kangavari's post:  I completely agree with you.

Retention is very crucial and should start from admission. Monitoring student's progress and proactively watching students at risk of withdrawal.

I have learnt:

That retention is everyone's responsibility.

How and why we set expectations for students.

Why student satisfaction is important and how to enhance it.

How to separate the facts from the myths of attrition to successfully retain students.

I

The responsibility of student retention is all employees' duty n responsibility. The student's future and education are first and foremost, however their tuition pays the bills.

I learned that its all about numbers. And, we all have to do are part at our level to encourage students to complete their commitment to success. We need to inspire them in the classroom and hold their hand in financial aid and student services.

Student retention fall on everyone at the school. Instructors are with the students the most and a large responsibility lies with them to guide the student who are not doing well. I found as a new teacher that happened early in the term and it was allot to keep up with but it was necessary to keep the students up to date and passing. Lots of missing assignments that were needed on order to pass the class.

Retention is an effort put on by every department on campus. Not just one department

I agree with the statement that retention can improve by making changes in the campus environment.

Retention is everyone's responsibility and there should be a culture of student engagement throughout each student's life at the school. Going forward, I plan to help faculty develop engaging classes and find more ways to connect to students and help them feel connected.

I learned the importance of being honest with students and staff to help with retention.

Sign In to comment