Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Retention is everyones responsiblity at the campus.  Eveyrone should encourag students and help to keep them engaged.  

It was very helpful to see the reinforcement toward personal connection with students as a main driver to student engagement / retention.  Additionally and with 100% agreement, "everyone" plays a role in student retention.  Lastly, I found the information specific to the difficult situation instructors can be in to keep "seats in seats" to a be a real challenge and reinforced the need for a school to have a student services department that is focused on building relationships with its students

i have learned and know that retention is every staff members resonsiblity. I also learned that their are good tools that we can use to improve retention and keep the students involved and on track to graduate. 

Student retention is a big deal. The students come to school to get a career and learn a new skill or trade. I learned the difference between the unavoidable drop and the avoidable drop. Many students don't know how to problem solve, and they need the staff for encouragement , wisdom and direction. 

I learned alot about how the faculty feels when extra work is put apon them. If everyone participates in retention the entire enviromnet of the school changes, and the students want to be there. The studetns need to feel that they belong, and the instructors need to help them feel that way, along with the staff. 

Student retention is a daily task. It is something you need to look at every day and every class, so that no one slips through the cracks. Having processes that monitor the attrition and help you engage the students will keep you on top of what is going on in your school. 

Students need to be heard, respected and appreciated.  It is important to emphasize to employees on all levels of contact that these qualities must be conveyed consistently and genuinely.

I think whenever one notices a student who is weaker than all other students, it would be a good idea to work a little extra with that student in order to bring that student to a higher level as a professor but it is not always easy. 

I have learned that we all need to work together for students' retention. I learned many strategies on how to that with this course so far. 

it is all our jobs .

we all need to care and be helpful

Every professor plays a role in retention, if a student doesn't feel supported in a particular course they will likely drop the course. 

Retention is everyone's responsibility that must be withhold. 

Everyone is responsible for retention.

Its essential to have the right people in the right role at the right time. This hit home for me because it is so true that the wrong instructor or the right Student Servives officer can make a huge difference. 

I learned that early recognition that a student is having difficulty promotes early interventions.

Everyone must play a part with retention and letting others know what is going on with a student is vital.

Rentension should be the focus of everybody including faculty, staff and professors. If it is a team effort, then it should be good to go. 

Retention is the responsibility of the entire campus rather than one specific department.

It's important to remember that retention is everyone's responsibility. Often, admissions is blamed for not recruiting the best students. Instead of blaming one department, we all can take accountability for student retention. We need to determine barriers for retention and provide support for at-risk students.

It is every employee's responsibility to help retain students

Sign In to comment