Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Online Reputation Management | Origin: CS107

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Advising Students on Using Digital Career-Marketing Strategies --> Online Reputation Management

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

This module supports our ongoing efforts to make students aware of the importance of positive social media engagement as it relates to future career options.

Brand management is something our students don't think about on a regular basis. It is super important that students are able to utilize the social media and online platforms to PUSH their brand and not harm it. I liked the Jay-Z quote "I'm not a businessman...I'm a business man" sums up perfectly how our students should be pursuing job opportunities. 

Love this module because I feel this very important when students get to the point of deciding their career options to inform them of how they act on social media can damage their reputation. Teaching them how to rebuild their reputation is key and helpful for them to gain employment. I was able to use the link provided in the search to get results of my social media reputation and its a great tool for the students to use.

I intend to use the Workbook with individual students.

This was a great module as it discusses the importance of social media, and the remainders of do's and dont's 

I guess I didn't realize that not having an online presence can also negatively affect you.   

Promote online presence in multiple formats to push out any negative pst.

I like the idea of having a large online presence so you have control of what can been seen first.  That is great information.  

This was a great module as it discusses the importance of social media, and the remainders of do's and dont'sand agree with everyone on here!

Online reputation is huge. I've seen several of my students choose a neutral position and really have nothing on the web that gives a potential employer a possibility to see what they're up to. 

Diagnosing the problem is key and being able to present your students with possible solutions is huge!

We continue to emphasize the importance of your brand. Also, using simple tactics like defining your assests, values and measuring how your skills match the market.

This module should be taught to every student. It really supports the mission of educating students about their online presence. 

Brand is equal to value. A good brand is associated with good value. A bad brand is associated with poor value 

Helping students learn how to brand themselves and be aware of their social media is critical to our work asCareer Counselors. I really appreciate the visuals and resources provided in this section as well.

I learned that students really need to buy into the idea of being a business that they need to market. Without that as the baseline, we'll be having different conversations. Instead, significant attention should be placed on personal branding. I plan to incorporate this conversation into my standing personal narrative sessions to help students arrive at their unique value add.

Doing some work to clean up an online presence is good practice for anyone, but especially someone looking to enter the job market. Cleaning up personal posts, plus actively posting new, more positive aspects will go a long way for students looking to have a good online presence. Developing your own personal brand is the new resume, and is probably the most important step for a new job seeker. It’s my job as Career counselor to be able to teach developing a brand to my students.

I learned it is important to define what their personal brand is and how they can bet market that in an online setting.

I learned some techniques to truly get students to understand the necessity of maintaining a positive online presence rather than a negative, neutral, or even absent digital footprint.

Training students in managing their social networks and publications will help them make it easier when they start their working and productive lives.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities