Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Who, Why, What? | Origin: CM151

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Onsite Visits – Be Ready Anytime --> Who, Why, What?

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Institutions should always be prepared regardless if there is a scheduled visit or not. Preparation should include maintaining compliant documentation, ensuring faculty and staff are fully prepared, and reviewing institutional policies and procedures to verify they align with accreditation standards, and state and federal regulations. 

Las instituciones deben de estar siempre preparadas reciban una visita programada o no. Tener los archivos necesarios disponibles y accesible y en todo momento tratar al estudiante y visitas con cortesia y amabilidad.

A great overview of the expectations for the site to always be ready for a visit.  Also, some great insight about being the one to visit the site.  

A facility should always be ready for an on-site visit. They will be reviewing institutional polecies and prosedures.

Always plan on being ready and not surprised. 

Good evening, for this session I learned about the little details.  I never knew that could be a requirement to provide lunch for an accrediting agency.  I could see how this would be a nice gesture to make the visitor welcome, but I just figured that it could be seen as a bribe all across the board.  However, I do like the idea of offering to pick up a meal/order for the visitor, that does show genuine concern, hospitality, and is hard to interpret as a bribe.

Samantha

Most of the informaton in this section is what our institution has tried to follow for a couple of years now. As the one person tasked with making sure all of the required documents are ready for an onsite visit, I can say  that it takes quite a bit of time to assembel all of the documents the first time but it is easy to maintain. I have them in binders in a shared space so that if the president is not here for an unannounced visit, the rest of the leadership knows where they are and has access to them. We have an onsite visit coming up in the future and are looking forward to it! I believe we are ready and will not be surprised. 

Institutions and the staff and faculty leadership on the campus should have everything ready at all times. We tend to rely too heavily on our own compliance office to give us advance warning. Instead, we need to have documents and answers to questions prepared in advance and in anticipation of an unannounced visit.

Making sure that staff is aware that there is always a possibility of an unannounced visit. All documentation must be kept current to ensure complience.

This module perfectly decribed the success to compliance - it is a daily occurance. There were helpful tips to ensure the site visitors feel welcomed by treating them like a "guest" at the campus.  

Great Oview... Be prepared

All ways be ready for visits no matter what

Always be ready at all time, be compliant.

Having participated in many audits in manufacturing and processing facilities during my working and professional experience, I have always been somewhat amazed that Companies wait until the last minute to prepare for arranged visits from Customer Auditors, not to mention being totally unprepared for unannounced visits from OSHA, local and State authorities.  Basic "Commonsense" requires that you should be properly prepared and have all required documentation from each Department available for inspection without being in panic mode when Visitors arrive, whether prearranged or merely walk-ins.    However, in the real world, most Companies lack the commonsense required!

It's always a best practice for institutions to be ready and follow their policies and procedure and keep their activities and operation in accordance to the accreditation standard, local, and federal regulations. If they reach this goal, they will not be worried about compliance and accreditation visits. The other most important thing is awareness. Employees should know the rule and regulation and also all the resource they need in order to answer questions from a accreditor. They should be always ready.

Always be prepared dont be caught unaware. done make false claims

Being prepared at all times is important.   Surprise inspectors should be greeted as any other visitors to the campus- with grace and a welcomed attitude    Retention rates and lisensure rates are important and make a difference. 

I have learnt about all the agencies that can viit an institution at any time. I also learnt that there is about 6000 schools/institution that are regulated by one or more aganecies. Learn to greet any announced or unanounced visit with a smile and friendly face but with urgency also.

Coming from the healthcare industry it is common knowledge to always be prepared with documentation, staff education and other resources.  This will make the onsite visit run smoothly and successfully.  Also, be nice to the inspectors.  We could be one some day.

Sign In to comment