Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Institutions should also be prepared for a vistor and greet them with kindness. And the small things matter like having food recommedations ready for any vistors that may come. 

Maintain the standard, always. When an inspection team is excpected to arrive, nothing has to drastically change because of the everyday level of readiness. There are a variety of inspction triggers that exisit when metrics deviate from the normal operating range.

Any institution should be ready/prepaed for the expected or unexpected event of an onsite visitation. Be ready at all times is a good rule to follow.

I have learned that all institutions should be ready and well prepaired for an onsite visit, by having the staff fully trained. I also learned that the receptionist should greet the visitors with a smile and contact the campus director via text, email, or a call. I will appy this in my everyday work habits to  make sure that i stay abreast of all visits and making sure thatI know where everything is located.

Everyone must be prepared announced or announced. All documents and resources played an important role in the visit. Always carry the smile even a staff or employee is having a bad day. Just my 2 cents

Be prepared ahead of time, so you won't get caught off guard. 

very good explanantion on who, why, what onsite viists. One thing to remember to welcome onsite visitors with the same tone as everyone else. Also be prepared at any time not surprised!

Onsite visitors would like you to at least act like you are happy to see them 

I learned about compliance and survey readiness.

Visit shouldn't be stressful as its goal is to check what is happening on the ground. Best to present the realities...not the worse realities but the best of the realities. So, so long as everyone's doing what one ought to do, there should ne nothing to stress on.

Knowledge and preparedness alows for compliance and attentiveness to the healthcare industry. 

Visits are a good thing and are to help keep institutions honest and forthcoming.  

Whether a visit is announced or unannounced, be prepared. Ensure that you're consistenly following your institution's policies & procedures.

I learned that by having the organizations staff knowledgeable and functioning according to its policies, rules, and regulations will allow them to be best prepared for any type of site visit. This also takes away the element of such visits being felt as a surprise. 

Going through this course is an excellent opportunity to focus on what visitors and reviewers would be looking for, such as determining whether an institution is "doing what they say they are doing," or whether the institution is adhering to its own policies and procedures, and whether it is maintaining financial stability. All this is being done to assist the institution in finding ways to enhance its policies and procedures to better serve students.

Comment on Jeremy Hoshor Johnson's post: I am, totally agreed. We need to be ready at any time. For me this is part of my daily task. 

Institutions should always be prepared for a visit. The time to prepare should not be when the agency sends an email informing you that they'll be on campus tomorrow. It is helpful to have a visitor binder, which is constantly updated with current student listing, completion rates, placements rates, current org chart, class schedules and the school catalog. Has this available will show the schools commitment.

Be prepared, not surprised!  Site visit success comes from preparation and organization.  Additionally, welcome all visitors in the same manner... enthusiastically and as guests.

Being prepared even you don't have any scheduled visit. 

Be ready with accurate documentation all the times. 

Sign In to comment