Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Understanding Value | Origin: AD112

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Best Practices in Presenting the Value of Your Institution --> Understanding Value

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

great concept of VALUE=BENEFIT-EFFORT-RISK-PRICE

Really like the presentation of Value with the formula.  Often reps will just consider price without looking at benefit, effort, and risk.  I have been adding that into the cost - since tuition is abstract until you get to monthly payments, but it should be considered seperate.  For example, the effort involved in changing routine, or even driving for more than 5 minutes in the valley - all of that should be considered. 

Students perceptions are the ones that show determine our value.  It is true thats risks and effort must be considered when determining value.  

Product knowledge is the very best way to add value to the admissions process.  It enhances the prospective student's experience while obtaining knowledge and information about the school. 

We have been working toward adding value resources to meet the new needs of potential candidates.  I agree it is all about what a student perceives aobut a school - they are shopping.

The students perspective on the school is very important to institutional growth. Word of mouth can really determine success. I think it is admins job to keep that perspective and live up to the expections of the prospective students.

Just been transparent with our students

It's best to listen and identify the pain behind them wanting to go to school and provide a healthy solution for the student.

It is important to ask questions of the student to find out what they personally hold valuable in making their decision and then applying the factors of what we offer as school to met their value needs.

Value is different for every student. We need to listen to them to see their factors in identifying value. 

I think value is determined by the depth of knowledge of the Admissions Rep along with the passion that comes across with the school representative and others that the student meets at the school.  

my value proposition:

At Spartan, we are provide a hands on and career oriented education, approved by the FAA in order for our students to become experienced and qualified candidates for careers such as aviation, aerospace, and adjacent industries. We do this by providing support for our students with financial aid advisors, career services, and knowledgeable educators will real life industry experience. 

Listening to the prospective students needs and explaining how your school can take care of those needs and be able to show the value of your school are the Keys

The Value Equation is a good way to take a step back and conceptualize the student's decision to graduate from your school.  While some students' perceived value may lean heavily towards Price, we can't forget the Risk and Effort parts of the equation to address with them as well.  Solid value requires discussing all three components and acting consultatively as opposed to just answering questions.

Being transparent with students is so important because ultimately they decide your value as an institution. 

This segment taught me how to present to value to the student early in the relationship building process.

This session was a very informative one.  It helped me understand how I can boost the value of my school, as well as the equation to think about when developing a plan of action to increase our program's value.

Samantha

Interesting to know how stundents choose your institution. It is important tht they seee thevalue inattending your school immediately

The value is what the potencial student determines from our proposal, it cannot be imposed, it must be motivated.

Sign In to comment