Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The value proposition is the most powerful tool to engage a prospective student.

Presenting the potential student with a well defined Value proposition, will result in showcasing the Value of the University and therefore open up the opportunity for a well grounded conversation.

Comment on Cheryl-Lynn Malloy's post: I love these sediments and agree we need to be able to articulate risk and reward being open and honest with prospective students. Good share- DeeAnna

Being in Admissions, we are typically the first "face" of the University that the students see/hear/feel. Product knowledge and continuous learning play a major role in how much buy-in we can accomplish with a prospective student. We need to be able to capture the "why" first - why is ECPI's program solving a problem for them, and why is our school one that can meet the need? How can what I say impact them, how can this bring value to their lives so that they are proud of the investment into themselves and their future? Being genuine and knowledgeable are keys to success. Also, knowing competitive advantages. - DeeAnna

Value is what a student determines, you\we need to listen and key in on what each students needs are.  We need to promote the value to a personalized level. 

Value is different for each student, should take a custom approach each time

Comment on trang nguyen's post: Its always about the value and the need of our prospective students. Each may be similar or different. Depending on whats going on in their lives that took them to initiate the search.

For myself personally, I was profoundly interested in how they defined and explained the entire purpose of value. Often times, in admissions, it can be easy to feel that the value of a school or company, is within the actual entity itself. After going through all of these readings, I find it incredible to learn that in fact, the value is not just about the middle part, but the beginning and ultimately in the end. What you are able to portray as valuable to a student looking to attend, and what these students leave valuing most about our academy, and/or curriculum. It's all about what you have to offer, how to offer it, and how students will value the product after graduation. All of these things lead to the value of the education and the value and the academy. 

It's crucial to create a general value proposition to hook prospective students. I like to present value on a more granular level after a conversation with a student where I can determine their wants and needs. While that's good, I need to develop a more general statement for recruiting purposes. 

Value is more complex than I thought. Determining value involves examining other factors. Different studnts have different meanings for value  and their are ways to increase value with new, more and better techniques. 

It's all about student perspective, with that said it is important that we provide the highest quality of education and experience for our students. 

Providing the best student experience and quality education should always be a priority.

Added Value! The lesson sparked ideas for me to focus on Adding Value to our programs.        

Value will vary from student to student, do not assume that everyone's is the same.

I learned how to boost the value of my school and to cater to the potential student.

The value to each student will be different and will impact if they decide to enroll or not. Using the value equation, and creating "new value" helps with adjusting how to talk to each student.

Understanding Value is an extension of understanding your prospective students perspective, perception.  In understanding your prospects benefits, commitment, efforts and risks... you're able to form, grasp and architect their perceptions of the program, school, etc. 

Subject matter is pretty straight-forward; main takeaway "value" is prospective student defined. 

It is a prospective student's value of our institution that defines our value and every student is different. The goal is to demonstrate our value to every student. This can only be achieved by having a thorough knowledge or the institution as it relates to the individual student you are working with.

Sign In to comment