Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files
Technology plays a fundamental role in the new way in which we access education. It will always have its pros and cons, but without a doubt the preparation of the team to serve the student in a better way will make the difference.

En el presente módulo he aprendido  la forma correcta de abordar las diferentes situaciones o problemas que se presentan con los estudiantes y poder atenderlos oportunamente

Online presense connects us to being human, and somehow, we have lost a little bit of that online. 

I plan to continue the use of technology-mediated communication. All components of it are great for engaging today's learners. From the discussion threads to the informative emails.

"Communicating with students through technology is quite different from in-person interactions."  "Online students frequently practice TMC through discussion threads, emails, chat/IM, text, and video using smartphones, mobile devices, laptops, and desktop computers. TMC is such a core element of online learning, it is surprising how few education professionals are ever trained in this regard.

Research on social presence offers information that can enhance one’s ability to foster interpersonal connections through technology. 

Technology will continue to evolve, so as educators and administrators, one must learn new ways to effectively use it for solid communication and to make those personal connections with others. I have learned so many different, new technology resources in the past 8-10 years, it gets overwhelming as to what would be the best fit for my courses as "too many" different formats can be "too many" within a curriculum design.

We continue to enhance our online courses with whatever is new.

Comment on Lori Riordan's post: Agree!! Using this technology appropriately is key for instructors!

Technology can enhance what we do or hinder us if we are not familiar with how to use it correctly. I've used VR, Flipgrid, Yellowdig, drive shares and other simulations type software. Each independently brings something to the table. Each one shouldn't be used all by itself. The variety is the key component to a good classroom space. 

I have learn that technology is important.  I will research some of the website given in this lesson to see if I will be able to utilize with the online platform. 

As we know and many of you have reflected, technology advances can be both helpful and harmful in the classroom or learning process. I appreciated the reminders about how TMC might impact our perceptions of one another or potentially cause more self-disclosure than is helpful.

I have found that messages need to be conveyed slower, more direct, right-to-the point, and then written down and repeated when we use TMC.

Staying up with the latest in technology is very important.

I learned about different resources used for educational technology trends and what each provide. These will help stay current with trends that may be applied to my institution (or at least see what other competing schools may be providing).

Technology-mediated communication (TMC) has given me the leverage to stay in constant communication and in social presence with my students. They react enthusaistically and they have come to expect thiss type of interaction from me.

Technology allow us to be close to students, and show ourselves in a more direct and authentic way.

Technology is the key and we as educators need to stay on top of the trends

Si la tecnología no existiera no habria posibilidad de tener esta modalidad y alcanzar objetivos apesar de tener una rutina ajetreada donde se trabaje a tiempo completo.

Ok, so I am not the most social media enthusiast, however, I have always appreciated video conferences rather than email exchanges.

Sign In to comment