Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

So in this module, I learned about how online encompasses a variety of different course options-- this based on varying levels of technology-enhanced instruction-- as techhnology is playing a critical role in shaping the quality of online instruction, support services, and the overall student experience.

Technology is the key to success for the online program, having students that can navigate easily the platform is essential

Technology has become very important in education.  Therefore in order for us to continually improve our students educational experience we must continue to improve the benefits of technology in our students lives.

Technology is the key   but the technology needs to wrok in order for the student to be successful

We use technology to reach out to our students and try many different ways to engage them and make sure that they are getting the gist of what we are trying to teach.

Technology is key to support online courses.

the greatest challenge was providing adequate student services for online students. Faculty, staff, and administrators need to understand the ways in which technology influences the capacity for engaging online students.

While much of my interaction with my students this year will be through video conferencing, it seems like one of the most important things I will need to do at the beginning of the year will be to set norms for communication between students and with me. This is especially true for written communication. I intent to be very clear about the methods by which students should contact me and each other, and what type of language and tone should be used in communication. Professional communication skills are important for any workplace, so the additional benefit to this lesson is that I will also be teaching students employability skills. 

There is no such thing as online learning without technology. But, technology is a double-edged sword - the current technology of smartphones and social media has grabbed the attention of the current student and now becomes a brain drained of motivation and individual thought. This makes for distractions in face 2 face but there is no control over these activities when online.

I learned the definition of "social presence" -- the degree to which students perceive an online voice as a human personality.

There are many technologies that can enhance the online learning experience and if used the right way can create a situation where social  presence is accomplished.  

Technology is highly important and essential to the online learning experience. Studies show the Internet for some young professionals are just as important to the essentials of life. While that may seem a bit dramatic in comparison to some, it shows how important technology is to the future Developers of the world.

The role of social presence is important in an online course as well as the technology that supports the online learning environment.

Respectfully,

Kendrick Kim

kkim1@fullcoll.edu

The improvement it todays technology is very valuable but it is also a shame the the use of phone and tablets also has started to dehunmanize many people. The up side is that sence it has become so common and in demand the users have become vary capable in is use. 

supporting technology is key to staying on the sme level as student as they tend to e a generation ahead on tech.  This make for easier access to information and less anxiety overally.

adaptive learning platforms are essential to online students. it allows them to enhance skills online and aides in resources that otherwise would only be accessed on a ground serving as atutor

When working with an online plattform Technology is a must.  Its amazing to see the results on the surveys the students have taken.

Technology is the way of life. Many adult learners have not totally acclimated to technology.

I like the idea of using multiple sources. In fact, the adaptive technology section mentions using their responses to adjust the questions. I like to offer students multiple avenues for finding information about a subject because sometimes I may present material/peojects in a way that they may be struggling with, but seeing a different perspective (from a student, video, website, etc) might just make them look at it in a way that they can understand.

Younger students consider technology to ba almost as important as food and water.  

Sign In to comment