Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Students need to know how to use the web and websites, but they need to also know how to be effective learners when using them. They will need to also analyze the web content for accurac.

found that an instructor needs to be Familiar with technology, tools, as well as diffent websites that are beneficial for the online learner.

The discussion boards can create a panel for the instructor to monitor students and the interaction of the students. Multi-media resources will allow digital tools to for student guidance.

As an online instructor it is important to review the tool, decide if it is essential to communication in your course, and use it effectively.

I learned about the different tools to do asynchronous communication tools. It will take some time for me to learn the different tools and how they best suite the course.

SETH SORONNADI

I learned that "Social networking sites can be utilized in online learning to develop student engagement, communication, and collaboration. Many students are familiar with social networking sites and can easily transfer their skills and adapt to the environment quickly. Using social networking sites for learning is a dynamic medium to help students share information and knowledge. Engaging students in real-time, authentic learning provides an opportunity for students to engage in real-world learning in a more participatory environment." And I planned to revisit this again

Online teachers should provide students with a list of basic technology skills that are required for the class.

A good online instructor needs to identify and consider the technical skills that students need to participate in the course or program, provide "tech tips" and / or some type of technology training for those students that need to enhance their technical skills, along with what types of tools the instructor should use based on the course type - asynchronous or synchronous? Social media based? To be successfull and build a well working, effective CoP, the successful teacher or instructor must strike a successful balance between all of these options and then provide the student support (as needed) to help the whole thing function smoothly in order to create a highly positive and engaging learning experience for all of the students.

Introduce the course as both an asynchronous and synchronous where discussions and assignments will be required of each.  Where it's not just on the students time frame, but synchronous discussions make up a vital role in the course.

The tools discussed were very helpful but I found the ideas about learning space more useful. Making sure to include a variety of "spaces" for students to be engaged and active in the class seems useful.

Using a variety of technology is best to help students. STudents need to become familiar with the technonogy to be sucessful. 

During COVID online teaching, it became really apparent that many students think that they have technology skills, but in fact, they have "app" skills. The age of TikTok and Instagram has really impacted students' understanding of the tech skills that are needed. It seems like "tech skills" just get bumped into one big lump and students expect their app skills to transfer, when in fact they do not. It was valuable to read about the inventory of tech skills that we should emphasize with students. I'll definitely check in with them as part of the pre-class work to ensure that they know how to convert .doc to PDFs, etc.

I think it is important to assess student's basic technology understanding and abilities.  This lesson talks about asychronous learning and sychronous learning.  Knowing what infomation would be better taught sychronously vs asychronous I think would be critical for the success of the class.  There are many tools a teacher can use being familiar with them and knowing the capabilities and understanding of your students is important.

It's critical to use a wide variety of tools.

Students can use asychronous tools such as email, discussion boards, and wikis. They can also use sychronous learning tools such as application sharing, chats, or instant messaging. 

As technical skills are a fundamental part of an eLearning environment, this is something the instructor must establish upfront.  Students should be given a survey of necessary skills, and tutorials in the case that they are deficient in any of these skills.

By using varied LMS tools, we can create an environment in which the learner might feel more comfortable.

The use of more than one kind of technology tool gives the teacher varied options for presenting the material, engaging the students, and bringing the students into as well as participating lesson.

I like the statement;"Students will construct knowledge rather than receiving it from the teacher." This is making sure the student is held accountable for his/her own learning. It makes sure the teacher has meaningful objectives.

Using a variety of online tools is important to include all learners; however, it is important that online teachers assess which tools are appropriate for each task and the learning objective.

reiteration of the synchronous andd asynchronous communication tools.  Provided information in applying these tools properly to fit your class and your students.

Sign In to comment