Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that there are many different tool available to students in an online course.  The use of technology and social media can be used to increased student engagement.

There are a lot of different tecnological tools available for use. It's important to assess them to find the tools that will best work for the purpose.

Social media and social networking can be a plus for online students.

Students might feel more driven to participate in online learning if given technology mediums that they are familiar with like social media.  Also by researching what technology tools are available teachers may be able to distinguish which tools work best for their subject matter

Knowing technology skills/skill set of each student is key for the highest level of engagment. Technology helps us in many ways but must be used correctly.

As instructors we need to provide various technology tools to better serve our students learning experiences.

I have learned good ways to use asynchronous and synchronous learning.

I learned aloit in this section. I am going to explore wiki and social networks for practical nursing. Thank you 

Having knowledge of and utilizing both sychronous and asynchronous tools will help your student to feel like a member of an e-community.

Very nice job of describing tools useful in synchronous and asynchronous settings.  

This module stressed that technology skills need to be taught for each program you intend to use for your online course. We can use screen shots and how to videos to make sure our students can access the content and respond appropriately online.

Social networking can work in an online format when used properly.  Students should be pointed to now to "brand" themselves in the process.  I plan to use LinkedIn to allow students to create a profile where they plan on how their goals can be realized.

Communication Skills are one of the most sought after soft skills in the "Real World" but not necesarily the easiest skill to teach? Technology skills, a hard skill is easier skill to teach but we have to figure out where each student is starting out at before we can start!

Often, the teacher needs to learn the wide variety of communication tools before those tools can be taught to the students.

In this  module there was a review of asynchronous and synchronous communication tools and specific tools used.  It is suggested that "how-to" guides be made available for students to reference when using these tools.  The module also covered LMSs and how it should be organized with the students in mind.  Then lastly the module covered social networking.  Social networking sites should be used to help students share information and knowledge.

As the last of the Baby Boomer generation, I sometime struggle with technology.  I find that many students have much more expertise that I do.  Many times in class I have one of the students demostrate how the new program works.  They enjoy teaching it-  I could do the same thing in an onine discussion allowing one of the students demonstrate the technology.

I believe students should be informally tested on their online skills when it comes to speciific technology needed during course and research skills to determine if additional time and resources should be spent teaching those skills to help students success.

It is important to use a variety of technology tools for students. Asynchronous and synchronous tools will develop relationships between the students and instructor. Remember to have a student-centered learning space and use networking tools to help engage, communicate and collaborate. 

This is right on the money. On timed tests you need to have printed the subject matter so you don't continually change screens.You need to fell comfortable and be able to be free of distraction. Simply silencing the phone is a big deal.

Persistence is the biggest key to success. Students are provided an opportunity to complete their assignments using various technologies. 

Sign In to comment