Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

From this topic, I have learnt that Asynchronous communnication tools are essential in allowing students to access all asepcts of online education. I have also learnt that synchronous communication tools allows online students to have real-time communication and collaboration. 

Providing an online learning space for students is critical in their success for online courses. In addition, students have access to the necessary tools will assist them in being productive and improve their communication skills. 

used stuff that they are used to to getthem engaged

Using more tools in online classes help students stay active and involved.  The level, skills, and online knowledge the student haw will impact the sucess of the the technologies they are using.  Must be aware of the studetns abilities to help guide them if or when needed.

Asynchronous and synchronous communication tools are vital to the structuring of a learning group. Be sure that your students are familiar with how to properly use technology. 

Its important to research a variety of tools and use varies means of communication to fit the course needs.

I have never been a fan of social networking sites and am personally not on sites such as Facebook and Instagram.  However, understanding that students are familiar and comfortable with social networking, it is a communication tool to consider.

These new tools are enhancing my skills as well, this course is very informative and extreamly useful, this is the future of the world, it's not going away any time soon we have to adjust and continue up grading in order to communite.

It is extremely important to understand all of the technical components along with ensuring that students understand or your able to to get them to understand so they get the most out of their online experience

This is a hot tip for sure: Being proactive in finding out what these deficiencies are, and setting aside time to deal with them at the beginning of your course, will help eliminate much frustration at a later time.

I learned that using social networking sites can be used to develop student engagement and communication. This is my most important take away.

Our online content is ever evolving, sometimes better, sometimes not so much, but we keep evolving.The students seeem to appreciate the efort and learning is improving. As students needs and industry demands change, we have to keep up or drop out and dropping out s not an option.I think we are heading in the right direction.

Moreso than previous courses I have taken, this one seemed dated. I cannot imagine anyone of my daughter's generation not being adept at social media sites and these other forms of online community and communication. Today, more of a problem surrounds setting up differences between social media and the classroom.

Nancy Tosh

I enjoyed this module. It stressed the importance of balancing content with presentation. Another key takeawy was deliverying information in chuncks such as modules is more effective. Lastly, it is important to make the student feel they are part of the learning community.

Cheryl

Certainly some extent of tech savvy is necessary for online students. Since I started teaching online classes, I have found that the younger generation, that I presumed would adapt easily to online, are not as knowledgable as I had expected. Conversely, I have found that older generation students know more than I assumed they would. I've also found that younger students have a tendency to get frustrated and give up more often than older students. 

It stood out to me that the course says although you should present content in various ways, that you should be careful not to overdo it with the flashy multimedia type deliverables - and I agree with that!

In this module, you learned that students must have visual and information literacy skills to work effectively. I will apply in my online courses when using social media that I should not assume that students have technological skills.

It is very important to know and use different synchronous communication tools.

Using the social tools, ( Facebook, Linkin, Etc..) that students re familiar with, will help keep them engaged.

I learned the importance of use in class different techniques of Social Networking.

Sign In to comment