Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

WLMS to Develop the Learning Environment | Origin: EL112

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Workload Management Strategies for Teaching Online --> WLMS to Develop the Learning Environment

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Workload management pertains to organization.  You must always be organized with your management strategies in order to convey your information properly. 

To be successful. all management responsibilities and skills are imperative to master.

Expectations, activity, cooperation, interaction, diversity, and responsibility are all intricate parts of the online education process

Teacher and Student must be organozed in order for online learing to be effective.

LMS activities requires organization. Create an schedule that you can follow daily with top 3 items to tackle. Staying on task is a mission but it can be accomplished. 

Work load management is important to keep the flow going in the class.

It is important for teachers to prioritize taks and stick to them. They need to be able to work without distractions.It is also important for the teacher to set up a schedule and stick to it. 

Depending on the class the level of technology support that the instructor is asked to give can be overwhelming. It is importatnt that the instructor has someone to go to who is a technology expert when they need help. I like the idea of a FATQ site for students where many bsice tech issues can be found along with a way to solve the issue. 

I have leant the importance of good practice for an on line environment, startegies for effectively managing workload, time and management skills and technology support.  

I will be better organized, improve skills on managing workload and information and incorporate principles of good practice to achieve better learning outcome.

Organization, communication, management of workload, information and time as well as following principles of good practice are the key to being successful in an online environment.

Its important to have a FATQ section and reduce distractions by turning e-mail alert when working.

It is important to have a place where students can get answers to classroom questions as well as technology questions.  A Discussion Board would be a good place to have a FAQ about the course and a FATQ. 

Workload Management Strategies for Teaching Online --> WLMS to Develop the Learning Environment

When developing an online course environment, there are several components you should address; to ensure great learning outcomes; which are: expectations, activity, cooperation, interaction, diversity and responsibility.

Organization ia key factor when managing time while teaching an online course. If a teacher wants to be effective with all aspects of online teaching.

Staying calm is an important element to workload management in an online course.   There are administrative supports such as tech support which can make online course development easier.   There are many aspects to consider in online course development.  TUrn off the chimes from email and think about working during your best time to work effectively.

Time management is an important thing for an online teacher to be able to accomplish.

That workload management pertains to organizational skills and I need to be well organized and prepared to reduce my workload.

Work and time management skills are essential to a successful class. You do not have to reinvent the wheel either, there may already be systems in place to benefit you. Things such as FAQ sections can assist in technology issues without too much effort

I love the idea of lookng at other aspects of online teaching. t's not just delivering instruction, that's jut a small part of the work.  I love that the class fouses on time mangment and that time doesn't necessarilty translate across mediums.  We have to manage that translation or you will get overwhelmed.  I especailly appreciated the last section of support for Instructors and making sure that Professional Development is a priority.

The workload for a manager is heavy so staying focused, setting priorities and remaining on task i key. 

Sign In to comment