Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I believe that online learning environments have advantages and disadvantages. It lacks F2F time and is "personable," but it also is convenient and allows people to learn from home. 

Through this module, I've learned that online learning environments can be fun and effective if we use reflective and collaborative techniques to enrich our students' learning. 

I also had to realize that the main object is not to make learning material fun, but it also makes to meaningful to help our students remember and apply it in their daily lives.

Active learning encompasses a vast array of item.

Active learning is integral to effective education as it involves student participation and engagement rather than passive listening. When students are merely recipients of information without opportunities for active involvement, the depth of learning is limited. Including the development team and even students in the process of course revisions and development is a commendable approach.

Active learning requires interaction and appropriate feedback from the student audience who should be receptive to receiving the intended message of the lesson.

Contemporary active learning is in direct competition with social media distractions and the incumbent misinformation that dominates the attention of today's students and is, in itself, a profound obstacle.

We, as instructors, are duty bound to create appropriate learning atmospheres which would serve to attract the student to the e-classroom and distract the student from the siren song allure of the disinformation present in the electronic media of today.

Active learning is a great tool that should be used in each class. Each instructor should take an active learning approach in each class. Each student in each class should be engaged by the instructor. Students should be engaged with the course materials through case studies, problem solving, discussions, and other methods for each class. 

I am looking forward to continuing to develop my understanding of the topic.

I've learned about active learning and the importance of utilizing it.  I will use it in my teaching to enhance student understanding. 

Although I recognize the advantage to being a facilitator, it doesn't seem to come natural to a less creative type like myself.  In the classroom, I and the students enjoy the material when students are actively involved in activities.  Although the first learning goal is not simply to have fun, it is much more enjoyable when students are enjoying the engagement.

Active learning is crucial for our 21st-century students, most of whom are digital natives.  Allowing the students to play an active role in their education and learning makes them then accountable and responsible for what they retain and remember.  This is quintessential in today's virtual and F2F classrooms.  Instructors must be flexible and possess an acute awareness of the degree of diversity that exists in their classroom, as well as the variety of learning styles that exist as well.  With this knowledge, the instructor will more successfully create a student-centered, active learning environment. 

I appreciated learning about the different types of active learning and plan on using a mixture of the different types in my courses. 

Learning is not only about the content but is also about the process. Active learning develops the student's autonomy and their ability to learn. Active learning gives students greater involvement and control over their learning.

I learned that some active learning techniques are a bit harder to implement in asynchronous courses.  I have had students engage in discussion groups and give peer feedback but would like to add more active learning.

I feel that active learning is defined as "anything that involves students doing things and thinking about the things they are doing".  Active learning encourages students to find ways to strengthen their resilience. Helps students become more determined when solving problems. 

Active learning is an educational approach that involves students engaging in activities, discussions, problem-solving activities and discussions that require their active participation, rather than passively receiving information through lecture or readings.

Importance of active learning:

1: Enhanced retention.

2: Improved Understanding.

3: Increased motivation.

4: Preparation for real world challenges.

5: Collaborative skills.

I noticed in active learning, anything a student does in the learning environment, besides passively listening to a lecture, is active learning. Students help construct their own knowledge rather than being “force fed” information which is then easily forgotten.

Active learning changes the role of the instructor from sage on the stage to guide on the side.  It may take students and instructors time to adjust to their new roles. Students need to be more involved and engaged in the classroom.  They can't just sit and zone out.  Instructors need to disengage, allowing students to participate in their learning process.

With active learning, students play an integral part in the learning process because they are responsible for their education. With active learning, students "do" and be actively involved which helps them "learn". I intend to provide students with opportunities to apply the content learnt by assigning case studies and presentations on topics of interest. 

The thing that stands out to me in active learning is the importance of a student-centered approach. I love the idea of guiding students and making the course more focused on positive communication.

I learned with active learning that it is no longer the instructor giving a lecture and the student listening and taking notes. Active learning means involving the student and getting them to lead their learning. Good methods of active learning are games, break out groups, group projects, etc.

I love active learning and this course has given me a broader view of what is considered active learning. I think that working with the material during class, helps students learn what they don't know. Sometimes a student doesn't know what they don't know. I think it is engaging and helps steer their study time. I like learning in a community. If a student is stuck during class, they can ask me or another student for help with the activity. They can learn from each other.

Sign In to comment