Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Students need to be more involved in their learning. That allows them to engage more in their studies. They don't like to be lectured at.

Comment on Eileen Epsaro's post:  I really appreciate the R2D2 approach and intend on using it in my future endevours.

online learning/Active learning is a fairly new strategy for post secondary education. It offers the students space and freedom to be accountable for their own learning, environments, and outcomes

The thing that stuck out to me was the importance of self-reflection for both the instructor and the students. 

I learned that some instructors feel that education should not necessarily be fun for the students and model that teaching behavior to their students. The learner-centered approach to student learning has been a change in education. This approach keeps the control of the learning environment with the instructor but the ultimate responsibility of the learning with the student.

In active learning the responsibility of the learning is with the student. Teachers should move from the "Sage on the stage" to having students take responsibilities of their learning. Students must read, write, discuss, reflect or be engaged in problem solving with the instructor being the facilitator.

Inmy current course the students must memorize the skeleton and muscles- I will try small group peer teaching for this to more actively engage them

Sign In to comment