Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Components of an ideal coure are discussed

Quizes are great way to assess how well the student are retaining the knowledge learned and a great way to boost self of steem. 

Course syllabi for online courses are very similar to syllabi created for synchronous classes. It is important for students to know what they will learn and what is expected of them. 

I like the idea thast exams are testing what the student does know.

Provide timely feedback. 

Online courses should be set up methodically and well-presented so students have a clear understanding of the course content and expectations. 

Course components are critical to facilitate learning and for the learner to demonstrate understanding of the information knowledge learned.  From the presentation of the syllabus to the final exam, the developer must produce components that encourage learning.

Immediate feedback helps dtudents to correct their thought process.

I learned more about syllabus construction and course description, and how the use of quizes to boost egos and realize mistakes immediately.  One thing I plan to do is incorporate critical thinking exercises in my course content.  

Quizzes are given multiple times as an opportunity for self-evaluation. They will see on higher-stakes tests to practice the questioning while the exams are only provided once. 

Encouraging student interaction with the course material will help keep them engaged and learning.

I learned how important it is to have clear communication of all parts of the course and to incorporate active learning. 

It is important for online students to feel that they are a part of a learning community and that their instructors are accessible to them throughout the course. 

Tests that are constructed well test the practical knowledge of the student, and also identify areas where the student does not have the required knowledge and needs to to additional study.

I learned that quizes are really a method a student and instructor can use as a way of checking themselves and what was learned. It should be teting what you do know, not what you don't know

I appreciated the clear list of questions the assignment description should address for learners. What will I demonstrate and why this assignment is relevant are but two examples. By addressing these questions upfront, the learner can align to the goals and be unburdened by thoughts of why am I doing this.

Weekly quizzes and exams are a great way to evaluate the knowledge of the student and for students to find out what they don't know so they can learn from their mistakes

I learned that it is important to ncorporate critical thinking exercises in your course content and learning activities wherever possible.

Experiential learning or service learning can deeply engage students while giving them a chance to use their new learnings in real-life (in their job or personal life). This builds a connection between the classroom and what the student experiences and does outside the classroom.

Thorough explanation of course components

Sign In to comment