Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Great description of the components to include in an online course.

Lectures are a minimum of designing a road map. Composing Lectures by topics, lesson, while composing the content in five different ways allows student to retain and problem solve. The methodology and strategies of constructing exams and Quiz's enable students to compare and contrast why. Providing feedback immediately in a course structure allows students to receive feedback on his or her answers before it becomes ingrained. Very good read!

Evaluating and presenting to the students 'what the purpose of an assignment is and why it's important' a rationale for the objectives and how the objectives will be utilized in practice.   

In this module I was able to review the syllabus and determine how it lists the components of the course and guides the students through the course. The syllabus very important for clear understanding and navigation of the course. The syllabus is an essential part of the course offering valuable information.

In this session it was discussed the importance of making sure students understand the importance of an assignment. Helping students see the relevance of assignments to the learning objective and overall mastery of the topics helps them relate and take ownership of their learning. 

Quizzes can be used in virtual environments to enhance the learning of students, as well as serving as a way to apply the knowledge from the course.

The syllabus of a course should include the expectations set for the course and expected learning outcomes of the students, as well as the grading criteria so students are aware of the objetive of the course and how to apply it in the real world.

Test composition is important to allow the student to understand question in a distance learning format. 

I Learn that it´s important for online students to feel that they are a part of a learning community to prepare de evaluations.

I currently use interactive lectures that are done in real time but really liked the idea of problem solving lectures that create a "treasure hunt" for students to participate in to learn the objectives.

Weighing in on the idea of having students take quizzes more than once, I feel this could be a positive for the learner.

I enjoyed learning and being refreshed about a lot of things, including appreciating the diff between an exam and an quiz. 

A clear syllabus, a variety of learning materials, interactive content, a range of assessment tools, discussion forums, multimedia elements, frequent feedback mechanisms, extensive support resources, accessibility features, and effective technology integration are all important considerations when creating an online course, especially in fields like blockchain and digital currency. All students are guaranteed a thorough, interesting, and easily accessible learning experience with these elements.

The idea that tests may be intended to identify what a learner does not know was novel to me. It will be a good way of thinking about an evaluating my own testing structure.

The idea of embedding interactive elements like quizzes and reflection prompts directly into online lectures is a great way to enhance student engagement. It aligns well with the existing diverse lecture formats and could significantly improve the learning experience by making it more interactive.

I learned more about the syllabus content and how useful it can be

In my experience, immediate and more in-depth feedback is helpful with discussions. I hate discussion boards so I'm grateful to be able to find different ways to utilize them that inspire and engage students rather than just as something to check off and get done. 

This has shown me course components and how to set them up.

I liked that quizzes are viewed as self checks and allow students multiple attempts to process and understand the information before the final exam.

Development of subject matter learning points like quizzes. Establishing chats that are synchronous and course content that makes sense and flows.

What importance does the design of activities have for students, but how important must be the didactic planning work.

Sign In to comment