Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned many different applications to incorporate into the classroom to engage today's student, especially the use of VR and simulation.  

Considering starting out with a blog in one class and see how that goes. Hopefully carry it over to other courses. 

I have worked with a publication that had an on line function as well. The students responded really well to it, more so than the hard copy. This generation seems to relate more to media types of documents.

Comment on Rory Holloway's post: I also found it very useful. While a lot of the resources were familiar, quite a few I had never heard of. I will be sure to use them in my daily practice.

I learned a bit more about blogging, V-logging, and engaging students with online media. I think I may work on expanding the course discussion board in my online and hybrid online courses this upcoming semester to see if engagement with material improves with that. I would definitely like to create more games to foster a fun learning environment and ensure students read or learn about the material in small increments so that they are involved in classwide discussion.

There are many resources available to educators, the challenge is to find and be able to use the resources efficiently. I recently used Cengage which had the text, videos, review materials and assessments all conveniently packaged online.

Lots of technolgy....lots of opportunities to use it for learning

Lots of helpful technology out there to help with the classroom now a days. Also so many ways to stay connected with the different media platforms. Makes you really think about how the classroom have evolved and changed.

This course has provided insight into the various ways technology can be implemented in the classroom to foster student learning and engagement.

Technology is great to engage students when used properly and appropriately.

There are different resources available to educators to assist in student learning. There are also leniencies allowed in copyright for educators that allow us to share beneficial information with students.

This section contained a lot of online resources. I particularly found the copyright laws resources helpful.

This section offered many useful resources I can incorporate into my classroom!

How to incorporate online resources to traditional classes

This module was very helpful. I am going to use some of the resources to create quizzes and games for my classes. Also, the information on fair use and copy right law was good information.

The use of copyright law isnt something that I will be concerned with because we are only using the data for research purposes.  

I have learned that there is a whole network outside of the classroom that I can utilize. 

Comment on Thomas McNamara's post: Same. And now that I better understand "Technical Terminology" I feel more confident in my ability to incorporate technology into my classroom. 

I have learned that there are a multitude of tools at my disposal to keep students engage in and out of the classroom. I plan to implement the use of quizstar to create interactive quizzes. 

This is an interesting unit in learning about the availability of the technology. The resources identified will definitely help to deliver content to my students. Being of a different generation, although technology has been a huge part just not to the extent of the younger generation, I do understand the importance of utilizing these resources to help not only keep students engaged but to help them get the full benefit of the subject being taught.

Sign In to comment