Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

While we offten don't think about the use of copy righted materials in the classroom at the end of the day we are depriving the author of compenstion. For the author this may be his means of earning a living and i guess to put it in a brighter light how would we feel if someone took a portion of out paycheck.

I thought the copyright laws were interesting; who can and cannot use certain materials and/or how they are used. Very few educators worry about this, though, as there is virtually no way to monitor for violators outside of student reporting. 

Technology is inevitable and we need to master it. once again so many resources to take advantage of and implement in the classroom.

I truly wish that the copyright laws would be taken care of on a campus level so that the teachers would not have to decipher whether or not something like a video is permissible or not. I also am looking forward to finding material that pertains to my field which is culinary. It will be interesting to see what is out there.

Do not let technology be a substitute teacher.  If you are going to incorporate it, make sure you are just as involved with it as the students are.

Student engagement is tremendously important to me as a teacher. I have learned so much through this learning module. Additionally, meeting the needs of millenials and generation X-ers will absolutely require today's teachers to embrace technology to teach in the classroom.

Reply to Rory Holloway's post:

This course offer more choices that can help the students learn materials offered in the classroom

This course is inspiring with many tools.  Starts you thinking creatively on how to engage students through on-line media.  Exciting!

The more social platforms students utilize, will help them and instructors get more enthusiastic about learning more. I will add more different types of media to keep them engaged while lecturing.

The more platforms students get engaged with the more positive results in learning. I will add more social media to help students pass.

alot of insight on incorporating technology into the classrooms. Great for keeping students engaged.

Keeping up with technology is a must, from different social media sites to the new updates on Zoom , and other platforms so we can use in the classroom

I agree that learning and teaching can be beneficial to students and instructors with the incorporation of social networks outside the classroom settings.

An educational institution is defined as an incorporated or governmental not-for-profit entity with the purpose of providing direct instruction to students in grades K-20 applicable towards a degree recognized by an independent accreditation organization.”

Social Media groups , You tube videos, Teacher tube.com are just few of the platforms we used in our remote learning. Now we are back in-person learning and we continue to incorporate different platforms  we learned during remote learning / teaching to create more engaging learning  environment. 

Comment on Elizabeth Rodriguez's post: We use YouTube videos as well, but it is challenging to find current content.  I have not heard of Teacher Tube.  I will definitely check it out.  Thank you for your post.

The introduction to new technology that I was not aware of or unsure of the benefits. 

Our Automotive Technology course utilizes the fully electronic web-based textbooks. They can be downloaded and stored for future reference and also allow a search feature to quickly locate information. PowerPoints', videos, and visual media offer a variety of learning tools.  

I have learned so much more online platforms that I can start incorporating into my classroom.

It would be fantastic to see more technology and supportive multimedia to enhance classroom learning.

I see that more students in the future will be able to apply more concepts using simulation tools in nursing programs.

Sign In to comment