Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I love how stand-alone classrooms can now be so engaging with all the technological pieces that can be incorporated into what it being taught. So many diverse ways to get the same information across for all of our different types of learners. 

I really have enjoyed the information Ive learned, cant wait to put it to use!

There are many online platforms for quiz/test creation, podcasts, and publisher platforms (just to name a few) that are listed in this module. Also, it was good to read about copyright issues and laws.

This part of the course is very in depth. I want to look at all the recources and see what will work best for my classes. 

The list of resources for games, quizzes, educational videos, podcasts, and eBooks is a helpful starting point.  I always appreciate reviewing fair use laws so as to avoid any copyright issues when using materials in class.  I also appreciated the information regarding professional teaching realted organizations.  There is a wealth of information and resources that can be accessed to improve instruction. 

With the copy right laws as they are and what could happen even when they are on an open form is a problem for some school, so to make sure that instructor do understand that they could be in violation of those laws and the school could be held responsible for their action is very important.

Technology is being given a greater role in CTE instruction due to the variety of platforms that can be utilized for instructional delivery. 

Using different technologies besides just a paper copy is valuable for so many reasons. It saves paper and time and promotes interaction for the student to actively access the materials and engage. 

Incorporating videos into a lecture can be tricky for copyright reasons

Teaching students and fellow teachers the importance of copyright infringement and its possible consequences. To keep up with millenials, incorporate social media into your lessons. Find what interests them.

I have learned about copyright protection and how to implement social media into the classroom.

I did not know that there could be copyright issues if certain works are used while teaching at a proprietary school vs. non-profit.

A class "wiki" is a great idea for posting our classes videos, podcasts, and news updates. This will allow us to have a more visual collection of our work than a Google drive folder.

Seth Soronnadi

Learned that, "Benefits of joining a professional organization include lifelong learning opportunities, networking events and perhaps most important, staying up to date on new technologies and resources that promote innovative teaching and learning practices."

Socail networks could be a tool for useful learning along with the classroom. 

There multiple resources available for teaching that are available- often free.  Free use laws are important to know when using others work.  They can be used under certain conditions.

I definetly will include more games in my class. , in the case of quizzes I use Google Forms and it is very friendly, but I did not see it in the list of recommendations.

I learned the most from the copyright module. Since so much of my content includes example works from active professional creatives, I'm always up for learning more to ensure both my content and students' work are based in industry standard ethics and law. The questions regarding what could infringe on a copyright were very helpful.

there are plenty of online learning platforms that can increase the classroom culture outside of the classroom and still have great student engagement.

Networking is one of the benefits of today's teaching environments along with electronics forms of the material.

Sign In to comment